Hyundai / Kia smooth brakes?

One aspect that i've noted with H/K vehicles are the smooth braking. The braking performance is strong but very smooth with good pedal feel.

Does anyone know who is the OEM supplier of Hyundai/Kia brake pads?

Last edited:
I agree with your observation on the Hyundai/Kia OEM brake characteristics. I'm not sure of their current supplier, but I believe their longtime brake manufacturer was Sangsin Brakes.

SANGSIN BRAKES

I put a set of Sangsin Hi-Q ceramic pads on our Honda Element about 5 years ago and they had excellent stopping power and pedal feel with no noise and little brake dust. Went back to order them from Amazon in 2022 and they don't appear to be available in the U.S. from any conventional supplier now.

1691589098457.jpg

I agree with your observation on the Hyundai/Kia OEM brake characteristics. I'm not sure of their current supplier, but I believe their longtime brake manufacturer was Sangsin Brakes.

SANGSIN BRAKES

I put a set of Sangsin Hi-Q ceramic pads on our Honda Element about 5 years ago and they had excellent stopping power and pedal feel with no noise and little brake dust. Went back to order them from Amazon in 2022 and they don't appear to be available in the U.S. from any conventional supplier now.

View attachment 171687
Those are sold here. $68 AUD for front sets which is decent value.

All of my Hyundai products have had excellent brakes. I replace the pads with Wagner Thermo-Quiet pads and the braking , dust and noise remains great.

My 13 Elantra had grabby brakes with the OEM pads, especially cold.
When they wore out I used raybestos element 3 hybrid front and rear. Happy with them so far.

I had a 2011 Kia Optima. It had the best brakes of any car i have owned. My 2021 Kia K5 has very grabby brakes.

I don't like how the brakes feel on the Tucson. Doesn't have enough initial bite for my taste. It's as if they put a sponge between the pedal and the master cylinder or something, but you get used to it. My brother's 21 Kia Soul on the other hand feels excellent. Grabs well initially and is easily modulated by hard you "lean" into it, if that makes sense. Different models within the brand can feel quite differently.

I've only owned one vehicle with poor brake feel. My H/K products over the past 12 years, have always been solid but I have little to compare them to. My Passat had great brakes as well.

For all of you saying H/K have the best brakes of any car you've ever driven....have you driven anything else? H/K hands down has the most numb, least responsive brakes and steering that provide absolutely zero feedback of any manufacturer I've ever driven.

Both my Hyundais have smooth brakes. But the Gen Coupe with Brembos has the best brakes and easiest to work on I've ever had. Just changed the OE front rotors at 139k miles. The Accent has the standard Hyundai front disc and rear drums. Rears don't do much. Fronts need serviced every year if you live in rust country and want long life.

For all of you saying H/K have the best brakes of any car you've ever driven....have you driven anything else? H/K hands down has the most numb, least responsive brakes and steering that provide absolutely zero feedback of any manufacturer I've ever driven.
Yes have driven plenty of other makes. The steering feel was a problem in 2010-2014 Hyundai/Kia models years. The steering response is now excellent, if not better than the others.

2020 elantra.. fronts wore out in 3.5years about 33000 miles (from memory)
replaced with raybestos pads and coated rotors. Braking feeling about the same.

Back