HUGE RIP OFF AIRFILTER PRICE

I was just browsing the Dennis Kirban website. I have an 87 Buick GN I have owned since new and I was just browsing to see what all he had. Now way back in the day I bought a lot of stuff from him (even been to his house for a Buick show!) ....but haven't paid attention to him in years. He used to be a fair guy but he refused to honor his lifetime warranty on a power master brake system I purchased from him so I stopped buying from him. Searching his catalog tonight I see he is really price gouging uneducated Buick Turbo owners!!! He wants $76.95 for an AC Delco air filter!!!!! It is only $9.46 on Rockauto and probably $30 at a dealership. He should be ashamed!

Oh wow! I used a small company in Alabama back in the day, can’t remember their name. I bought a radiator, bumper fillers, high pressure fuel pump etc from them. Always fair prices and really nice people. I was always wary of Kirban for some reason and rarely used him. A friend had a minor verbal run in with him at the Buick Nationals one year confirming what I suspected. My 87 GN is one car I wish I had never sold!

Details, please.
How long has this vendor been around? ..can't judge his business or character, need more.
He has been around 40+yrs. He started with GTO's then when the Buick GN's came out he branched out into that business and he has a STRONG following and reputation as the GTO and BUICK TURBO REGAL place to go to. He is very knowledgeable and respected in the community. I met him several times and he even makes repo GTO and GN parts. I am not knocking his quality or knowledge - just these prices are insane. I am just amazed that he is gouging so much. He as AC Delco parts on the site all marked way up.

Oh wow! I used a small company in Alabama back in the day, can’t remember their name. I bought a radiator, bumper fillers, high pressure fuel pump etc from them. Always fair prices and really nice people. I was always wary of Kirban for some reason and rarely used him. A friend had a minor verbal run in with him at the Buick Nationals one year confirming what I suspected. My 87 GN is one car I wish I had never sold!
He came across as a goof ball, and odd guy. I sometimes disagreed with him with some of his statements about the car and how it was built. He never set foot in a GM factory but made claims how certain things were done and when I called him out he flatly would not believe me. The refusal to honor his warranty was my last straw and that was back around 1995. I used to subscribe to his newsletters too.

Got to price shop!
For example, a NAPA GOLD air filter...made in China was going for like 38 dollars, when all the other air filters, STP, Silver, etc. was 12-25 dollar price range....

Back