How would you make this MB "shop made tool"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My time availability has been so scarce that only now have I been able to get around to doing this.

Used pop rivets for better or worse. Think I might have been better off using epoxy. Oh well, don't think it will matter. If they truly stick out far enough to interfere (doubtful), then I'll grind them down or epoxy.

[Linked Image]

I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't get the hole centered, but I don't think it matters much. I also couldn't get a better radius on the top section using my brake and a round item, but I don't think that matters much either. In hindsight to get a better upper "c", I think I needed to bend the material with more material on the "short" side to help get the radius. It would be waste but it is what it is. I tried just bending the very end to length and radius, and I think the radius is a bit tight. But I'm also again not sure it matters in the free space about this engine stop.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now to find time to use it and finish my mount job!!

Creating a part that can't be serviced or repaired by any existent tool and requires fabrication of an entirely new one to rather precise specs is seriously the most German thing imaginable.

Originally Posted by littlehulkster
Creating a part that can't be serviced or repaired by any existent tool and requires fabrication of an entirely new one to rather precise specs is seriously the most German thing imaginable.

You must not do much serious work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back