How & what pistol does your wife carry concealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
h&r parkerized 32 mag w/120 gr swc
at this time.I had bought it an put some black grips on it.She said that looks nice and dropped it in her purse.I have yet to get it back.lol

Not actually concealed carry but she does tote a Ruger SR22 loaded with Minimag round nose solid in the car.

Don't get the caliber debate started. She doesn't like my Glocks (19 & 42), too snappy for her but a least she's toting something and something is better than nothing.

Originally Posted By: TOMJ
Not actually concealed carry but she does tote a Ruger SR22 loaded with Minimag round nose solid in the car.

Don't get the caliber debate started. She doesn't like my Glocks (19 & 42), too snappy for her but a least she's toting something and something is better than nothing.

One night a friend of mine noticed I was toting a revolver and asked to see it .I obliged and he noted "22.who do you want to pee off with this" I replied a round to the throat and that person is too busy trying to breathe to be a threat.He nodded and handed it back to me.

Just remember NO ONE wants to get shot so a 22 is viable for many cases.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
My wife is a fatalist and scared of guns. Won't learn to shoot the HD pistols. She told me if anything bad happens she'll be dead and then I can marry a gun loving woman if I choose. Because that is what was meant to be.

My wife is the same. I have taught her to understand the workings of a semi and how to shoot it. That's all I can do she has the capability of grabbing an always ready glock in the nightstand when I am gone but there is no chance she will use it.

I know a couple guys that insist on their wifes carry. I think its a "my wife is cool ..she carries" I have gone through a great amount of good/expensive SD training and am an instructor. There are certainly some women that are capable of carrying but my guess is that the over whelming number of all folks that carry concealed are not competent to effectively handle a SD situation. But they and we have the right so that's that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: urrlord

One night a friend of mine noticed I was toting a revolver and asked to see it .I obliged and he noted "22.who do you want to pee off with this" I replied a round to the throat and that person is too busy trying to breathe to be a threat.He nodded and handed it back to me.

Just remember NO ONE wants to get shot so a 22 is viable for many cases.

Yep. She can empty the mag pretty quick and 11 rounds to center mass will mess up anybody's day.

Yep. She can empty the mag pretty quick and 11 rounds to center mass will mess up anybody's day.

Emptying is something that SD instructors do not teach ... usually the opposite...making each shot count. You are responsible for every piece of lead coming out the muzzle. Emptying fast is almost guaranteed to make someone's (innocent bystanders) day a mess.

Best to spend more time on making each shot meaningful, practicing misfires, stovepipes, trigger reset and quick mag changes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al

Emptying is something that SD instructors do not teach ... usually the opposite...making each shot count. You are responsible for every piece of lead coming out the muzzle. Emptying fast is almost guaranteed to make someone's (innocent bystanders) day a mess.

Best to spend more time on making each shot meaningful, practicing misfires, stovepipes, trigger reset and quick mag changes.

Yes but the better ones will teach you to double tap.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: Leo99
My wife is a fatalist and scared of guns. Won't learn to shoot the HD pistols. She told me if anything bad happens she'll be dead and then I can marry a gun loving woman if I choose. Because that is what was meant to be.

My wife is the same. I have taught her to understand the workings of a semi and how to shoot it. That's all I can do she has the capability of grabbing an always ready glock in the nightstand when I am gone but there is no chance she will use it.

I know a couple guys that insist on their wifes carry. I think its a "my wife is cool ..she carries" I have gone through a great amount of good/expensive SD training and am an instructor. There are certainly some women that are capable of carrying but my guess is that the over whelming number of all folks that carry concealed are not competent to effectively handle a SD situation. But they and we have the right so that's that.

I envy you. Really. I am absolutely convinced my wife could dispatch a dozen intruders then eat a big meal and go to sleep and dream about rainbows and roses. Nothing "cool" about it. Chilling maybe. But not "cool."

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

Yes but the better ones will teach you to double tap.

It depends. The trainer I have teaches police trainers officers. They are "in general" not taught to double tap. He teaches to check your shots each time. But says to get the second shot off in say one second or less. He went on to show me why...Your second (double tap) will be off considerably..more than 6". If you wait 1/2 to 1 second you should not be off. I have been practicing to get that second shot off quicker. Its hard though bc my club does not permit double tapping. I am chairman of our pistol committee and working on getting it changed.

I am not saying there are not some instructors (excellent ones) that do teach double taping. Just saying I have not been able to do it accurately..as such I wouldn't so it in a "real" situation.. Hopefully I will do what I have been taught.

Last edited:
My wife has 4 guns to pick from 2 Charter Arms revolvers one is a 32 H&R Magnum & the other is a lime green 38 special the other2 are semi- auto a S&W M&P9c & a Taurus TCP380ACP she carries the TCP the most

My wife shot a good grouping with a rental Glock 42 at the range a few weeks ago. When her travel schedule settles down next month she wants to try 9mm as well, so I plan on renting both a Sig Sauer P938 & P238 for her to try out. I was impressed with the P938 when I got the opportunity to fire a full magazine through it recently at the range where I have a membership.

Originally Posted By: Nyogtha
My wife shot a good grouping with a rental Glock 42 at the range a few weeks ago. When her travel schedule settles down next month she wants to try 9mm as well, so I plan on renting both a Sig Sauer P938 & P238 for her to try out. I was impressed with the P938 when I got the opportunity to fire a full magazine through it recently at the range where I have a membership.

Have her try the Walther CCP. My wife settled on that after some other tries.
Nice quote on your signature.

Interesting story. When I first met my wife she was anti gun. She wanted me to get rid of my guns before she would move in. I told her i have had my colt python since 1973 and have only known you for a month so no. Well she did move in and when I would target practice she asked if she could try. Well it's been 13 years and she owns a Sig P238 and is a better shot then me with the 357 go figure.

S&W M&P Shield 9...waiting for her CCW permit in the mail, then we need to figure out her carry options. At the moment her weapon lives on her nightstand next to her side of the bed, loaded with some sort of Hornady hollow points. Extra mag next to it, 2 more loaded mags in the sock drawer of the dresser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back