How to remove bumper sticker from painted surface?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
This is what we use in the body shops to remove decals, double sided sticky tape from door moldings, and the residue from underneath emblems.

It's an eraser wheel. Hook it up to your drill and use the edge of it and go back and forth over the whole thing, DONT stay in one spot for more than a second, it'll burn through the paint, you have to keep moving back and forth evenly, it would take probably 10-15 seconds to get it off with one of these.

k6ir9.jpg

I bought this exact eraser pad and followed the product instructions. It didn't work. The decal feels smoother now so the eraser may have removed the top textured layer but that's all. I figure the decal is too hardened after 8 years in the Carolina sun. Any other recommendations???
How did you use it? I'll post a link to a video. This guy does it pretty slow, I usually move back and forth and back and forth, you gotta push with it too.

http://youtu.be/HHKN5_UfDik

The commercial pressure washer at work took chunks out of the 21 year old full body side decals on my truck. I wish it would have taken them all the way off, but no such luck. That might get your small decal off though. I would expect an eraser wheel to work better though...

"Mineral Spirits" will not harm waterbased auto paint if washed off quickly. DON'T use it on the old oil based stuff. It will make a sticker let go. Does a great job on pine sap, too.

Last edited:
Pentane is pretty handy for removing old stickers. Google about it.
Bestine is a brand that is pentane. It sells by the quart can on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back