How much value in low mileage vehicles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Maintenance records are very important in selling/buying a used vehicle. Car-Fax or the like, is just as important as a "not" clean carfax stays with the vehicle it's whole life.

Full records can be worth thousands on some cars. Id never buy a used car without full records, as I dont trust most drivers' stupidity when it comes to maintaining a vehicle.

That is a nearly 12 year old vehicle. The mileage factor will be appealing for some folks who think vehicles age by miles. Myself I would not see much value difference in 50k vs 100k. Maybe worth $500 a vehicle that old?

Just price in NADA, KBB, Edmunds and punch in year, model, features and condition, miles

Pop in Private sale not retail and assume good not excellent condition and you will have your price.

I have to ask myself this type of question every time I need to "retire" my work vehicle. I'm an outside salesperson by trade and I drive about 40K miles per year. I usually buy a used vehicle in the best condition I can find with the least mileage. I start looking well in advance of my anticipated vehicle retirement date, so I'm not in a hurry. Of course, anytime you're dealing with a used vehicle, it's a [censored] to some extent.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
I should have given some more info. Basically I can sell my VW for $4,000, and have a chance to buy a similar car with less miles and was wondering how much to offer for it. I was thinking $4500 or $500 more than my car. Reason being both are 2000MY and the mileage is not all that important???

Fortunately in your example the difference in mileage does easily warrant the extra price you suggest BECAUSE it is both a vehicle identical (or, at least close) to the one you have & it is a vehicle you want.

In your example paying a premium makes $en$e!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back