How much moly/additives are in CITGO oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to know, how much MOLY, and other additives,a re in CITGO 5w30 and 10w 30 conventional oil? 24 hour CITGO conviene store always sells CITGO SL rated oil. I had read, their synthetic is really good! SO, im curious to kow about thier coventional? They fel like a thick oil, when i shake the bottles, compared to mobil 5000 which feels thinner when shooken:)

Ya know, I used Citgo 5w30 several times, it was inexpensive, effective, and held up as well as any.

Citgo gets very thin in a hurry inside my engines. The 5W-30 drips like water off my dipsticks in as little as 800 miles. Some joke that Citgo 5W-30 shears down to a 20W while pouring it into the engine. It may have a decent add-pack, but supposedly also has a fair share of Group I base oil. Despite all this, the UOAs here are pretty decent.

Quote:

Citgo gets very thin in a hurry inside my engines. The 5W-30 drips like water off my dipsticks in as little as 800 miles. Some joke that Citgo 5W-30 shears down to a 20W while pouring it into the engine.

That's enough info for me; I'm not touching the stuff now.
shocked.gif

There was a Citgo (GF3 SL) UOA that had over 200 PPM of Moly. When PepBoys closed out this oil I bought about 20 quarts.

I was shocked at just how dark the color of this oil is when you pour it out of the bottle, it almost looks like used oil.

We have another person obsessed with moly.
smile.gif

GC has no moly and is a great oil.
Don't buy API SL dino. SM dinos are generally much better.

But for 39 cents per quart, I could not resist Citgo oil.

I agree that SM is the better oil, but for 5K mile OCI's this oil will do just fine.

Yes im a moly lover:) I have been intriugeed by it, ever sine coming to this forum:) From what ive learnd any oil witha good dose of moly has gotta be good for your engine! The other reason i asked about Citgo, is because my neon is a 1995 model. We are using sm oils, and the only older versions of oil i have found are SL. Citgo, shell, castrol easy startup, and Valvoline al climate. I was at my walmart, adn foudn 3 bottles of maxlife conventional, sl rated, and 2 bottles if mobil conventional, at a NAPA, of 20w 50.

Quote:

Alot of people hate America....

but that doesn't stop us from importing their black gold.

At least they hate us more tactfully (most of them anyway). They don't have a brand to boycott either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back