How about some positive news during theses times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MolaKule
Originally Posted by hatt
My garden is coming along nicely.

Same here.

Mulched standing corn and other veggy material.

Tilled my garden last week and tilled mulched material and sand into it.

Park Seed is shipping my order so i can get some Alaska Peas and early sweet corn in the ground.

I'm gonna have to find an online seed store. The old feed/hardware store has been light on bulk seeds the past couple years. I had to plant black eyes out of a grocery store bag this year. They're looking good so far but we'll know for sure when harvest time comes in a few weeks.

I'm hoping the current situation kicks off a garden revival. Maybe the feed store will stock back up.

Originally Posted by tcp71
After 2.5 years of chemo, radiation and a bone marrow transplant, my younger son may come home from the hospital at the end of the week. He's done what no 10yo should ever have to do. We pray it's over. It's also supposed to be look a bit like spring by Friday as well.

Congrats!

Everyone I know is alive and healthy, still employed with no income loss yet (next year's bonus will likely shrink but I'm sure things will be fine). My cooking skill got a lot better and we've been eating more vegetables than I've ever had. Company is reimbursing our internet bill ($45 a month), and our utility bill didn't go up much (we do a lot less laundry, offsetting our additional electric and gas use for cooking), I get to cancel my comprehensive and collision insurance on our cars because we are almost not driving now.

I do miss eating out and not having to cook all the time though.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
It's spring and it didn't freeze last night at my mountain home.
smile.gif

Mine too Snag 2 nights an a row wheeeee!🤙

Originally Posted by Donald
Originally Posted by saginawmale50
Stimulus checks are non-taxable

I do not get one.

I should not get one either. The Broadbrush non discriminating approach is WRONG. Waste of $$$

Originally Posted by PandaBear
Originally Posted by tcp71
After 2.5 years of chemo, radiation and a bone marrow transplant, my younger son may come home from the hospital at the end of the week. He's done what no 10yo should ever have to do. We pray it's over. It's also supposed to be look a bit like spring by Friday as well.

Congrats!

My coworker's daughter conquered leukemia when she was ten. She just started her first job in Hawaii after earning her Phd. in horticulture. Bless you tcp71!!!!!!

And, regarding the hammershlogen game....my student employees failed to inform me that they tossed their log on the firewood pile. I went out to clean things up with my chainsaw and I'm sure they heard some foul language miles away!, LOL.

Couple news:

-i'm an expert at driveway chalk drawing (kids found blowing bubbles is more interesting)
-kids found 3 out of 4 items from the treasure quest "What does the cat hide under mommy's bed?"
-kids give the cat a brush treatment/spa
-kids have the "home-made cat toys that make a cat go crazy" number at 10
-did some push-mower fitness
-also gave the extra spring tree cleaning wood to a pizza oven owning friend(had some workout with the hand saw...)
-we officially have a campaign style yard shower. We promptly called it MISt Garden Shower Hose.
-Everybody in the house beat me at soccer. (including the cat)

Future news:
-have to change "factory" install of dryer from flexible (and plugged/fire hazard) to semi-ridgid
-fix windshield fluid spraying for Mazda5 (tubes + ends plugged)
-waiting for end of pollen season to give the cars a bath + wax.
-find a job

Sounds like a good life, god bless to all those who have conquered or made the best of bad health and times!

Last edited:
Wife sent me an article this morning about the TP debacle. In short, the TP market is split into two markets, commercial vs home, and it expects a rather static level of sales for either. Well... with everyone staying home at this time, home usage has gone up substantially. But TP makers can't just shift from one product to another, and thus... shortages. It may well be just one person's opinion but it does seem like a plausible explanation for the TP shortage, outside of the "idiocy of the masses". The article feels a little too polished about the answer but it only has to be partially correct to help explain the problem.

Hey Ill ask the wife to swipe a few rolls a from work
smile.gif

NOT!

I Bet many are stealing from workplace..That is a Real STUPID way to loose your job!
_________

We have about 6 rolls that should last 2 months at least.

Plus, I can use paper towels or paper dinner napkinsas I have a septic
and put used TP in a little bag lined trash bucket that is sitting net to the toilet.

It helps to wet the first piece.

TP is around if you are willing to get it the hard way (go to store early morning, pay full price instead of the discount we are used to).

Stock market is up again at the moment. Lets hope it stays that way and tomorrow it is closed for Good Friday.

God Bless the USA!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 007
Stock market is up again at the moment. Lets hope it stays that way and tomorrow it is closed for Good Friday.

God Bless the USA!

AMEN to that !!!

I was at a hospital the other day.

Inside the cafeteria they are selling rolls of TP (no joke).

I was a little snarky and asked the cashier if the food was that bad. LOL ☺ She had a good laugh.

My dogs went to the "beauty parlor" yesterday and got their summer cuts...strange that the groomer is open but my barber shop isn't.

Bought a vacation home in FL 3 weeks ago, 3 bed, 2 bath, caged pool, double lot. Now I just need to get back down there and do some painting.

Save a ton of time and money working from home. Now if I can stay away from the fridge and pantry for snacks I'll be all set.
'

Originally Posted by 007
Seems more and more post are going to gloom and doom. This was especially true with the Financial Market one that was just locked by the moderator. We (or at least most) all know things are bad especially when it comes to health, jobs and investments during this crazy time. However, can we post some positive things!

the only gloom and doom is in peoples heads.
Turn off the news, enjoy your life, health and happiness. Its that simple.

AS soon as the public gets tired of the mass media extravaganza they will start to realize the world is still here too. Always know, with today's 24 hour news soap operas that they need to keep you turned in for ratings and revenue, so there will always be a crisis and why you need to turn it off or you will never be happy.
There is no crisis, we are all still here, life goes on, longer for some, shorter for others, its nature.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back