Honda torque specs.

I am replacing a part today (lower torque rod) on my Honda civic and was curious about torque specs for the 3 bolts holding it all together.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20231020_123524_01.jpg
    IMG_20231020_123524_01.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 25
I just tightened up as much as I could. Seems I've also got a busted motor mount. When shifting from D to R and back after I installed the mount I felt a jerk and heard a thunk.

20231022_105632.jpg
this was the culprit. It had cracks around both ends rubber absorbing material. When my mechanic saw it he says it doesn't look bad enough to be the only issue. FML.

Here you go:

1697985195051.png

* 2: Follow the appropriate manual procedures closely for torque, sequence, and special steps. [I think this is in regards to not tightening the bolts fully until the engine is loaded under tension and the tire/suspension is under load (e.g., on ramps, not jackstands). Earlier Hondas had a procedure to start the engine and put the transmission into Drive and Reverse to "seat" the engine before final torquing of the bolts.]

Last edited:
Be aware that Honda may specify a tightening sequence for engine mounts. If after replacement, you have vibration, this might be a tell-tale. My Legend is like this.

Be aware that Honda may specify a tightening sequence for engine mounts. If after replacement, you have vibration, this might be a tell-tale. My Legend is like this.
I lightly tightened the single bolt in the rear, the hand tightened the two short bolts. Then I tightened everything down nice and tight. I just wanted to make sure the two short bolts tightened up nicely. Plus my former honda technician friend didn't specify a tightening sequence. He just was happy I figured it out myself instead of wasting $120 on 3 bolts.

Plus I've only "heard" Vibrations twice since installing the mount, I can't really feel them. Mostly at idle. Sounds like dashboard rattle.

Last edited:
Back