Honda factory brake pads GG-rated

It's Friction coefficient related in accordance to SAE J866 standard

First letter relates to low temperature (200°F to 400°F) and second letter relates to high temperature (300°F to 650°F) (usually in the region of pad fade resistance for street pads)

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is exactly right.

And I’m sorry but it can be very relevant.

Sometimes maybe not. Depends upon manufacturer and the materials used.

The pilots and odyssey are just prone to this by most drivers. Not all just many many.

Those OE pads love to leave deposits on rotors then you get your rotor warped feel

If you can stand brake dust and/or actually clean your wheels and car then semi metallic should work better in most cases on a decent new rotor. Likely will stop better as well

What rotors do you like for Pilots? The 19 Pilot needs new ones to fix the pulsing brake feel at 89k miles. I replaced them with OEM at 15k miles for the same issue. Willing to try something other than OEM for better results.
As @Cujet mentioned, Brembo rotors have been safe buys for me. They and raybestos have been the best results I’ve had, both of which tend to come with more metal in them and less vent gap than less expensive offerings. However, raybestos has also been the worst at times - having received 2 that were cracked beneath the anti-rust coating, revealing a thump-thump-thump feel on mile 1. Recent reviews here suggest some raybestos rotors skipped the balancing step in production. For that reason, the last 6 I’ve purchased have been brembo.

I’ve also had good success with stoptech - 1 full set of those.

mixed feelings on duralast gold. I like sourcing local after return issues with the cracked raybestos rotors and tried the golds in response to that. They worked fine, but one had a bit of runout. i couldn’t tell with driving, and they’ve got over 60k on them now without issue.

I must say Duralast gold and Raybestos EHT are hit and miss. Some have great results and some does not work out.

I have had overall very positive results with Centric coated rotors. Prior to using these, I had primarily used OE rotors if possible for whatever vehicle I was servicing. I have used the Centrics on the following vehicles - 2011 Fiat 500, 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2006 Ford F250, and 2019 Toyota Tundra, all with no long-term brake related issues. A family member of mine is an ASE-certified mechanic and he is also a big fan of them, and has used them on multiple vehicles as well.

I found them to even be better than OE Motorcraft rotors, and equivalent to OE Toyota rotors.

In terms of pads, well there are a million choices. I can just say DO NOT consider Bendix CT ceramic pads. These lacked any bite and while they did not dust hardly at all, they were very prone to rotor deposits and pulsation.

If you can deal with the dust and theoretically shortened rotor life, a severe duty/semi-metallic pad overall would provide more consistent and trouble free long-term performance.

Back