Honda Accord 13-17 Rear Brake Caliper Replacement.

As the oem design is a problem (with salt)- I want to know who has a decent line of reman calipers these days. I plan on keeping the oe parts and put Honda kits into them for spares. The parking brake is similar to the old GM Caddy design of the 80's POS. One side has been warrantied.

I think quite a few on here have mentioned the Element3 model from Raybestos. I'd probably seek them out if I had to buy a new caliper.

Beauty of having a same generation vehicle (in my case Tahoe and Suburban), parts for both!

As the oem design is a problem (with salt)- I want to know who has a decent line of reman calipers
What is this design problem ? I wonder how or why a remanufactured caliper will solve it since they're re-using the Honda-designed cast-iron body. An improved lip seal ?

Reactions: hrv
That's the thing- I normally would have no problem buying a oem part- but they don't seem to last any longer as such, are poor value. Just another problem to have parts on the shelf to cover. The caliper has an integral lever at the rear which is actuated by the parking brake- I guess water/salt intrusion seizes the mechanism.
As far as remans- seems to be a race to bottom- cadone and the old fenco were notorious.

That's the thing- I normally would have no problem buying a oem part- but they don't seem to last any longer as such, are poor value. Just another problem to have parts on the shelf to cover. The caliper has an integral lever at the rear which is actuated by the parking brake- I guess water/salt intrusion seizes the mechanism.
As far as remans- seems to be a race to bottom- cadone and the old fenco were notorious.

Do you actually use the parking brake? Rear calipers of this design fail frequently due to not using the parking brake regularly.

It's a MT6, so I use it ALL the time.

So- ordered R and L rear from Rock, Raybestos NEW so I keep my old oem for a reseal and spares. Rock's discounts aren't as easy to find as they used to be. So all in for both sides $330cdn vs dealer $370 for one side. I hope Raybestos quality is decent, ACD was in the running slightly more expensive- but as I understand it......they are no longer the brand I am familiar with- ie manufacturer vs reboxer.

Back