Homes of the rich and famous

I know these homes are owned by the 1 percenters, but it shows just how much wealth there is in this country. And props to whoever created this list. It must have taken weeks to put together. It goes on and on and on.....

Nelly’s old abandoned house is about 15 minutes from me. He really let it go to heck and I believe it was auctioned off. A coworker looked at it but it needed too much above what they asked to make it a worthwhile investment. There are many, many more expensive homes owned by people that you’ve never heard of.

I thought this would be about the most famous house on BITOG.

001.jpg.a3c04cca7713379a81872a501e077450.jpg

It is a clickbait article and title. I went through the first half of this list, the vast majority of homes are multi-million dollars home today, and worth more today than ten years ago.

Just one of numerous examples from the clickbait article:

22. Rihanna’s Beverly Hills Mansion​

On the Market Since: 2012
Total Area:
8,500 square feet
Initial Value:
$7 million * (2009), $22.495 million* (Current)
Originally named Janice Place, records show that this giant mansion has a property value of nearly $22.5 million. Janice Place was designed by architect Adrian Rudomin, and it comes with eight bedrooms, ten bathrooms, a sauna, theater, private library, and a huge, high-ceiling living room. Singer-turned-business-mogul Rihanna bought the place for $6.9 million in 2009.

It is a clickbait article and title. I went through the first half of this list, the vast majority of homes are multi-million dollars home today, and worth more today than ten years ago.

Just one of numerous examples from the clickbait article:

22. Rihanna’s Beverly Hills Mansion​

On the Market Since: 2012
Total Area: 8,500 square feet
Initial Value: $7 million * (2009), $22.495 million* (Current)
Originally named Janice Place, records show that this giant mansion has a property value of nearly $22.5 million. Janice Place was designed by architect Adrian Rudomin, and it comes with eight bedrooms, ten bathrooms, a sauna, theater, private library, and a huge, high-ceiling living room. Singer-turned-business-mogul Rihanna bought the place for $6.9 million in 2009.
Speaking of Rihanna, she owns a 15 million dollar condo in Barbados. I stayed in a resort next to it a week that she was there, her place is an absolutely beautiful compound and there are other “celebrities” that own/live there as well (Simon Cowell). The week I was there I swam over and knocked on the front door (it’s beach front and all Barbados beaches are public). Surprisingly Rihanna did not answer the door, but here fifteen security cameras did say hello to me. 🤣🤣🤣

Oddly the most impressive house I’ve visited wasn’t one of the several members of Aerosmith whom my mother knows. It was an acquaintance of my uncle’s, who bought an Enzo about twenty years ago. I was invited to see it so I figured I’d go.

The gentleman was one of the executives at Maxwell House coffee it I recall correctly. The house seemed to go on and on, with floors stepping down into more floors, then up to balconies over plants and pools and whatnot, then back down to ground level again. The place was like a maze but all very tastefully done and the people were extremely hospitable.

It's interesting how the house design reflects on the owner.
A rustic log home is most likely owned by a male.
A planer looking home is owned by a planer person (Rachael Ray).

Also, you can see a design difference between East coast and West coast homes.

Last edited:
Imagine if the walls could talk.

This is a great example of homes in LA where lots are small and sometimes narrowly drawn.

Prop 13 makes these multimillion dollar homes hard to sell in California in part because homes are only re-assessed once they've changed hands.

Last edited:
I love the mega mansions shown in the Los Angeles area that have photos of the wonderful views of the city. With the horizon of smog.
And no views of the homeless encampments that are just a few blocks away.

Back