hmm, a cheapo 2-stroke inverter generator

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing caught my eye.

I don't want or need one, but am curious about its claimed inverter tech. Is there some new factory online churning these out for $200 per?

Am particularly interested in the eco-throttle, if it has one. Doubtful, but on the horizon maybe?

I'm the kind of person who'd run one just for 50 watts... like my cable modem and laptop. I presently run a 12 volt battery and inverter when a power outage starts then start up the big boy generator if it looks like it's going to be a while.

usually it means they dont warranty the emissions past 250 hours.

If you use good 2 cycle oil no reason the engine wouldnt last decently.

but these are cheap chinese generators wouldnt expect it to be a 500$ generator.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
This thing caught my eye.

I don't want or need one, but am curious about its claimed inverter tech. Is there some new factory online churning these out for $200 per?

Am particularly interested in the eco-throttle, if it has one. Doubtful, but on the horizon maybe?

I'm the kind of person who'd run one just for 50 watts... like my cable modem and laptop. I presently run a 12 volt battery and inverter when a power outage starts then start up the big boy generator if it looks like it's going to be a while.

Reviews on Amazon not great. I would pass.

Looks very similar to the Harbor Freight 63cc 2 stroke.
image_21445.jpg

It's about $70 less. Probably the same mechanically.

Guys I know a 3600 RPM cheapo generator with brushes etc.

This is not that.

Inverter. Variable speed engine. Alternator.

The Honda EU series are near $1000. Yamaha and others make inverters now too.

Now the Chinese are at it.

Seems unbelievable being an inverter unit at this price, and why couple it to a 2-stroke when tiny chonda OHV 4-strokers are so cheap/light/compact?

Weird combo for sure. $200? Meh.. A buck and a half I'd get one out of curiosity.

My HF generator looked the same.
Ran great even after the crankshaft broke in half.
Just didn't generate anymore.

Originally Posted By: JTK
Seems unbelievable being an inverter unit at this price, and why couple it to a 2-stroke when tiny chonda OHV 4-strokers are so cheap/light/compact? Weird combo for sure. $200? Meh.. A buck and a half I'd get one out of curiosity.

A 2-cycle engine is going to be lighter, more compact, and cheaper to manufacture than a 4-cycle engine. Also, with fewer moving parts there is less that can go wrong with it.
For $200, it is very interesting. But, I wouldn't buy one unless I could buy it locally (like from Home Depot or WalMart or Lowes) so I could easily return it. If they are available from Amazon now, you can expect to see them in one of these stores before long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back