high flow non oiled air filter's

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think a filter can be made to have high flow with good filtration..basically filtration is what takes away that flow...maybe u can find one with an acceptable flow and good filtration. so far i havent found ne, nor has not many people done tests to test this.
http://www.mcagraphix.com/filter/test.htm

i found that somewhere on this site, its interesting and may help u.

quote:

Originally posted by digitaldrifter91:
i dont think a filter can be made to have high flow with good filtration..basically filtration is what takes away that flow...maybe u can find one with an acceptable flow and good filtration. so far i havent found ne, nor has not many people done tests to test this.
http://www.mcagraphix.com/filter/test.htm

i found that somewhere on this site, its interesting and may help u.

Bascically you just said that filters like K&N can flow good but not filter good...just having a quite day and want to stir the pot
itschy.gif

in some cases k & n is good for some but not for all, i wanted a k & n filter but after reading many goods and bads on this site i decided not to. it turns out their seal isnt so good. usually the filter gives a high silicone content in the oil. i dont want to deal with it now. id rather have a good paper filter with no restriction by having no air box. on this one page i was reading they tested an stock air filter in a modified box wiht added air intake and then a k & n in a normal stock box. the regular air filter in the modified air box performed jsut as well and a little better than the k & n in an air box. ill find it and post it later

I saw a previous post here (i think) that stated Baldwin paper filters flow at 720-750 cfm compared to 1000 for k&n and around 400 for wix paper. Baldwins are available from some trucking parts suppliers for many autos/trucks.

thanks man that was the post i was looking for. i wish someone can do some independet research on regular non oild filters like stp compared to fram and all the other ones found in stores. i wish i can but i dont have the resources to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back