HF reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by GoldDot40
I know several professional mechanics/techs who are buying the US General tool boxes over Snap-On, Mac and Matco for a fraction of the price with almost as good quality. I have a couple of their floor jacks. An aluminum and a low profile 3 ton. Excellent equipment for the money.

A good friend of mine is one of those people. He deals with the shenanigans from the fanboys, but at the end of the day it stores his tools and is a decent box.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
I know several professional mechanics/techs who are buying the US General tool boxes over Snap-On, Mac and Matco for a fraction of the price with almost as good quality. I have a couple of their floor jacks. An aluminum and a low profile 3 ton. Excellent equipment for the money.

A good friend of mine is one of those people. He deals with the shenanigans from the fanboys, but at the end of the day it stores his tools and is a decent box.

And he's probably laughing all the way to the bank depositing the money he saved.

Harbor Freight's Pittsburgh Brake Bleeder and Vacuum Pump Kit is plain TRASH. 2 out of 2 failed. 1st one failed after one caliper. 2nd one failed out of the box. All HF did was slap on a label on these massively produced and idiotically designed fail-ware from communist china, they export millions of these clones!

mad.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dlundblad

I've been in shops like that, As it goes.....Misery loves company! The guys in the most debt are the ones teasing & talking guys into buying huge boxes they don't need.

Got it off my trailer and uncrated. Man it's heavy.

It was packed well , no dents or scrapes.

Waiting for some friends to lift the top box. Its 250lbs.

IMG_20191109_160513412.jpg

IMG_20191109_160532384.jpg

I bought the 44" version with the end locker for $1000 last year. Adequate for my needs. Love them, amazing quality and value. Doubters LOOK at them before you critique.

Were the wheels attached?

Removing the top chest drawers will make a much easier lift.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by user52165
I bought the 44" version with the end locker for $1000 last year. Adequate for my needs. Love them, amazing quality and value. Doubters LOOK at them before you critique.

Were the wheels attached?

Removing the top chest drawers will make a much easier lift.

The wheels were attached, The only thing i had to do is bolt the side handles on.

The whole thing was on a large pallet , blocked up so the wheels were not touching anything. It was a pain to get it off the pallet by my self. I had to use 2 floor jacks to lift it evenly and get the blocking out.

I am removing the drawers, hopefully that might take 30 or so pounds off. It is much heavier that the 44 inch craftsman top chest i have now. My wife and i picked that up empty and lifted it on the cart with ease, not this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back