Help with Gas Cook Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty ignorant as to the nomenclature so forgive the descriptions. I have a GE gas (propane fed) cooktop. 3 Kids and we cook a lot!! It's stainless and I HATE cleaning it all the time. I use vinegar and it works well. I tried baking soda and vinegar and that was a hot mess. The baking soda created a cake and I believe may have clogged the "jets" I will call them. They are the brass fititngs the gas comes through. I used a toothbrush and was able to get most of the caked soda off. I have all the fititngs back to normal except the large central burner.

Central burner has 3 fittings in a triangle like arrangement with another fitting in the center for a mini flame. I can see that there is one fitting not getting fill flame on the triangle arrangement. I believe it partially clogged. Looks like there is a tiny hole in the center of the fitting. Is there an item I can use to clean it out? A special tool?

A single strand of copper wire and work in and out a bit. Worked on my burners that lost their flame intensity.

toothpick, did mine a couple months ago got big flames back like original.

Strip the paper off of a bread tie and poke the thin metal strand into the hole.

Originally Posted by tcp71
A single strand of copper wire and work in and out a bit. Worked on my burners that lost their flame intensity.

Or a paper clip works as well. That's what the appliance repair guy told my wife to use to clean the jets.

Thanks. I didn't want to just do it and screw anything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back