Help me choose a filter, metric thread LS style, bulk qty

I have filters for everything, except the new 5.3 I’m building.

The oil pan is a Holley pan that takes the newer Gen IV metric threaded LSx style filter. This is what they state for filter comparability.

IMG_2773.jpeg

Engine is a 5.3 with a high volume Melling oil pump. 5.3 will be turboed and probably in the ballpark of 600hp on low boost.

Will probably run anything between 15W-40 to 20W-50 through it. Depending upon what’s on the shelf.

Help me pick a filter. Ideally I’d like to buy a bulk qty of something. 6 or 12. Name brand preferred. Bonus points if it’s a reasonable price. I know I usually can buy Wix in master packs and be around $5 a filter.

I have been reading the last day trying to gauge where brands are at for now but can’t really come to a conclusion. I see Wix is now WLxxxx for oil filters?

Thanks.

Fram Racing HP18, or, if you can find them, XG/FE/FS10060 wire backed Fram (OG Ultra/Titanium/Endurance). A 5.3 turbo? Sounds like fun-or a big BOOM!
Should be. Either way it’ll be interesting!

Fram Racing HP18, or, if you can find them, XG/FE/FS10060 wire backed Fram (OG Ultra/Titanium/Endurance). A 5.3 turbo? Sounds like fun-or a big BOOM!
10575 Longer filter with more media than the 10060. Would probably use the FE if it looks ok in the box.

Back