Headlights Trifecta

You sound like a crazy person!

I do something similar. I yell at people that I think their tire maybe a few pounds low!!! No instant gratification in my line of work...
I appreciate when someone tells me they've spotted something wrong with my car whether it's a low tire or burned out tail light, I drive so much and I can't see the rear of the car while I'm in it and it's running.

DRLs, no auto headlights and permanently illuminated clusters are a deadly combination when dealing with the average american

DRLs, no auto headlights and permanently illuminated clusters are a deadly combination when dealing with the average american

Also frustrating are the drivers that turn off their auto headlights because they don't want the car deciding for them when the headlights come on. The car probably does a better job figuring it out than the driver.

I have made this mistake several times. It is a frustration I have with newer cars. Only cars I own are older, where the gauge cluster uses only ambient lighting when the headlights are turned off. When nightfall hits, the gauge cluster is totally dark. So to see the gauges, I have to turn on the lights. Newer cars, the gauge cluster is always lit. there’s just a dimming effect when lights are turned on, and possibly a minuscule indicator that the lights are on. This is a feature that is worse on new car models than old!

Also frustrating are the drivers that turn off their auto headlights because they don't want the car deciding for them when the headlights come on. The car probably does a better job figuring it out than the driver.
I agree, my GM trucks I could not turn off my headlights if the truck was out of park. Even if it lights are set to off. Now I have a Ford and when I turn the lights of at work when idling all day I have to remember to switch it back to auto which I sometimes don’t.

Like others have said, this combined with DRL and a dash that’s lit all the times means I have caught myself without my lights on a few times.

Back