Head stud material question

Ok so I'm going to be installing a set of headers on my 981. The engine block in the 981/9a1 engine is a monolithic-alusil (alloy) and the headers are T304L stainless steel. I know I could probably just use a new set of oem bolts, but was thinking I'd run some manifold studs instead. Silverlake project makes Titanium and Inconel. The ti are apparently rolled. So hoping for less chance of galling. From anyone's experience here, what is my best chance of material not seizing in the block? The Ti or Inconel ? And Is nickel anti-seize still my best bet for this application? Fwiw, this motor does get pretty hot in comparison to others. I know inconel may be overkill from a temperature standpoint, but again, more concerned about seizing than anything else. (I'm also probably overthinking this whole thing and either is probably ok, isnt it lol)

I'd be worried about tensile strength of titanium vs steel for that sort of application; titanium is significantly weaker in that aspect. Galvanic action between titanium and aluminum may also be an issue?

Sometimes it is possible to spend less money and end up with a superior product for the application. The "Stage 8" locking header bolts are hard to beat and are stainless steel.

Thanks for the replies so far guys. I should've linked to the product page for better reference. The ti is Ti6Al4V alloy and the inconel is 718. their tech section shows the following graphs for tensile and yield strength....

Back