Havoline Pro DS 10W-30; 2004 Corolla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tiger862
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I will add one small note to that this is the Corolla's highest usage of oil. It jumped from its normal half cup in 7K miles to a half quart in just under 7K miles.

That's the main reason I dumped Havoline ProDs early. In all my lawn equipment I am having to add oil where none before and in Caravan it dropped not to mention fuel mileage. Seemed like oil was breaking down. Changed at 6 month interval on Caravan and will change lawn equipment next spring before yard work. Was going 2 years on equipment or 50 hours but since used up left over from 5w30 box I will just change. Was 1 year oil change on Caravan.

2018 Grand Caravan

Burned off a bit of the Havoline ProDS 0w20 in my 300 as well, about half a quart in 6 months of moderately aggressive driving (which is my normal, when conditions allow). Previous pennzoil didn't burn anything noticeable, and the current Castrol 0w40 has been good.

Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr
Looks like a nice stable string of reports showing a nice sustainable pattern regardless of brand.

I was interested when I saw this thread as I have run an OCI with this oil and have more waiting in the oil cabinet.

Know the feeling I have four Jugs and a Smart box to go through yet. But I don't have any qualms about using it. It appears to be good stuff.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Looks pretty good Johnny. Thanks for UOA

Thanks Adam. I sure wish those folks at Wix Labs gave you a flash point. But their service is pretty cheap with a Rockauto $10 test kit.

Thanks Adam. I sure wish those folks at Wix Labs gave you a flash point. But their service is pretty cheap with a Rockauto $10 test kit.

Yeah, I still have 8 or so test kits when they were like $7~
smile.gif

Yeah, I still have 8 or so test kits when they were like $7~
smile.gif

Well I think I have figured out pretty well were the Toyota sits now I just have see if the Toyota makes it past that mystical 140K and starts burning oil. I'm not far away.

Johnny: mine started burning oil around 120k. KREEN is helping. I'll get burned at stake for using a Maxlife 15w40/Service Pro 0w20 DEXOS 1 Gen2 cocktail.

Johnny: mine started burning oil around 120k. KREEN is helping. I'll get burned at stake for using a Maxlife 15w40/Service Pro 0w20 DEXOS 1 Gen2 cocktail.

Well we will see at 15 + years old the Corolla has been very serviceable only the usual things like oil, tires, batteries, wipers and a couple serpentine belts. It isn't worth a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back