Have you been to the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days?

I haven't been to one yet, but it looks really cool. If you like old bikes, and I do, this seems like the place to go. I'm still waiting for them to set a date for next year's event, I'm going!

I should go. I have a very nice 1976 BMW R/750 I need to sell. Looks exactly like this one.

1695162106851.jpg

Wikipedia

I went once, back in 2008. Rode my '72 Beemer R75/5 from eastern Pa. with full camping gear and bags. Great time. The track racing at Mid Ohio and the flattrack up at nearby Ashland fairgrounds was all AHMRA then. There was some sort of squabble after that with the AMA. Last I heard it's all AMA Vintage group. Barber Vintage in Oct. is AHMRA.

Fairly local to me and use to attend every year along with the Superbike races when they ran there. It's not near as inexpensive as it use to be and now living with a medical condition that keeps me from going. My only advise is if you don't want to be standing on your feet the entire time take some kind of pitbike or scooter. The Mid-Ohio facility is pretty large and if you're interested in a lot of stuff swap meet, road racing, vintage MX, trials you will be putting in some miles for sure.
Plenty of videos on YouTube to show what it's all about.

Back