Has anyone here driven a 17'+ Impreza stick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
I'm mostly past the days of needing the ability to get to 60 mph in 5 seconds, but having a vehicle that could have the HP to get me there in around 7-8 seconds would be appreciated. The nearly 10 seconds my Legacy takes was very close to a deal breaker. The fact is, though, that it is adequate 99.9% of the time, just as the Impreza's engine will be. The problem with the Impreza MT, is that it didn't feel particularly buttery or engaging. It wasn't as notchy as my previous STI, however. The imperfect MT, low power, short final gear and poorer fuel economy would make it hard for me to justify it over the CVT, which doesn't feel as much like a dog in practically every scenario.

A smaller-than-currently-available FA16DIT with economy low gearing and a tall cruising gear, with 180-200 ft-lbs of torque, particularly out of a twin-scroll turbo, would be very nice. Without the really sporty WRX suspension bits and power, I think it could sell for just over 20k, base, and not scavenge WRX sales. Make the Sport version of the Impreza more than just an aesthetic package. The current sport handles well enough for a slightly heavier and higher output engine to be dropped right in.

Spot on!

Golf Wolfsburg edition

Should be able to pick one up for well under $20k.

If you want AWD, get a Sportwagen 4mo. I've heard of people getting them down near $20-21k price.

If you pick up a 2018 VW, it'll have a 6/72k warranty, also (but not as big a discount I imagine)

I just find the still Dieselgate discounted VWs hard to beat for the price. A golf is definitely a class higher up than an impreza.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Golf Wolfsburg edition

If you want AWD, get a Sportwagen 4mo. I've heard of people getting them down near $20-21k price.

If you pick up a 2018 VW, it'll have a 6/72k warranty, also (but not as big a discount I imagine)

I just find the still Dieselgate discounted VWs hard to beat for the price. A golf is definitely a class higher up than an impreza.

Anything on the Golf platform is a very nice vehicle. I will say that the 2017+ Impreza has a much better interior than previous generation Impreza's. My wife just said maybe the Impreza we drove has an ECO mode and it was turned on which is why it felt so slow? I need to research that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Originally Posted By: surfstar
Golf Wolfsburg edition

Anything on the Golf platform is a very nice vehicle. I will say that the 2017+ Impreza has a much better interior than previous generation Impreza's. My wife just said maybe the Impreza we drove has an ECO mode and it was turned on which is why it felt so slow? I need to research that.

No eco mode. It's just slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back