Harvey's Coming to Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bbhero
with the right atmospheric conditions present.

To put it lightly! The trajectory is also interesting with it 'bouncing' off the coriolis force, the precise mode that will help hold it in place and keep it tapped into gulf moisture for the days they expect.

News media interviewing the idiots this AM. Couple crying about their RV on the island and it probably being gone after they drove it there a month ago from Colorado.
Couldn't they have driven it inland a few days ago when the storm looked like it was going to be a issue?
Sure today we will be seeing interviews of idiots that drive into water up to the windows and call for rescue.
Glad I'm not on a fire and rescue anymore

The roads have been moving pretty well - nothing else big on the south Texas coast but Corpus - and Houston did not evacuate ... those who planned ahead could easily gone north ... not like there was not ample communication ...

I'm supposed to travel to San Antonio, TX on Monday afternoon to provide customer training next week. Keep us updated on how things look!

San Antonio will get a ton of rain. Parts of south Austin are going to have creeks swell and some flooding.

We are north of Austin and are getting tropical storm related rain, they are calling for between 7 inches and a foot of rain, and we are getting off easy.

San Antonio has many low lying areas and they are very flood prone.

Rain will continue until next Wednesday/Thursday.

I am actually flying to Nevada tomorrow, and so far the airport is open.

Lmao, seen many opportunistic American Capitalists make a killing!!!!

Gas $7/gallon
32 pack of water $40
12 pack beer $30
Plywood sheets $6
Many more smaller things too!!!

Pretty jealous myself.
Can't blame a man for making a buck.
Buddy that works with FOX stated, there persuaded/influenced to make people buy prepatory things.
It;s huge priority.
Gotta grease the news network too!!!
cool.gif

Personally would want to buy several hundred gallons of gas and re-sell them....
However not sure if government would allow that... (If they can't get their taxes= Not okay!)

Originally Posted By: TX_1821

Gas $7/gallon
32 pack of water $40
12 pack beer $30
Plywood sheets $6

Those are almost normal Canadian prices.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: TX_1821

Gas $7/gallon
32 pack of water $40
12 pack beer $30
Plywood sheets $6

Pretty jealous myself.
Can't blame a man for making a buck.
Buddy that works with FOX stated, there persuaded/influenced to make people buy prepatory things.
It;s huge priority.
Gotta grease the news network too!!!
cool.gif

Personally would want to buy several hundred gallons of gas and re-sell them....
However not sure if government would allow that... (If they can't get their taxes= Not okay!)

I'd love to see places like that go belly up out of business.

Originally Posted By: bioburner
News media interviewing the idiots this AM. Couple crying about their RV on the island and it probably being gone after they drove it there a month ago from Colorado.
Couldn't they have driven it inland a few days ago when the storm looked like it was going to be a issue?
Sure today we will be seeing interviews of idiots that drive into water up to the windows and call for rescue.
Glad I'm not on a fire and rescue anymore

Get ready for the media to report how the Federal Government mishandled the whole thing (even if they don't.)

"While the nation focused on a deadly hurricane" - blah, blah happened -
Wolf will go into his really caring and fatherly mode so it sounds like it's not scripted for purpose ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back