Harvey flooding in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just gave $10M to the Red Cross.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Walmart should be sending bottled water to the Houston area by the railroad car load. They have the supply and the means so let them step up and show they are accountable. This gesture would help to improve a very tarnished image. What are you waiting for Bentonville? Now is the time to put profit aside and help a lot of people who frequent your store. I guarantee it will benefit you in the future.Get the wheels in motion.

Walmart pledged a couple of days ago to give $2 for every $1 donation to the Red Cross, over $30 million dollars pledged so far, plus they've been giving away truck loads of water and merchandise in the affected areas. Wal Mart has really stepped up to the plate during this disaster.

Looking for any info on current flood situation in the area of Piney Point Rd & Taylorcrest Rd...S of I-10 & W of I-610. Houston.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GrtArtiste
Looking for any info on current flood situation in the area of Piney Point Rd & Taylorcrest Rd...S of I-10 & W of I-610. Houston.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a map.
http://abc13.com/

So the location you mentioned is just east of the flooding on the map, ie east of Gessner road , so might be ok.

Last edited:
Thank you Neely97. My niece & her husband evacuated safely before the worst came and are now in Austin...but who knows for how long. Hopefully the damage is minimal.

For those of y'all affected, that come back out to your car after the water recedes and hopefully you and yours are safe and out of harm's way... ol' Scotty Kilmer made a video on how to not grenade a car that has been sitting under all that water. (And his video has no intro this time.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back