Hard To Beat Meguiar's Ultimate Wax !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Can't beat Meguiar's Ultimate!

Bingo. Nice!!

Used in at least 40 times over the past 3-4 years on various cars...got that same quality result.

Anyone who claims it streaks clearly must have been working really hard to mis-use it...because I've even seen it applied in the full sun without streaking.

While I don't consider Megs Ultimate the best wax/sealant out there, I DO consider it one of the best, if not the best, off-the-shelf wax/sealant product. It's hard to beat in terms of application and performance compared to anything else you can find at Wal-Mart, etc.. I will definitely agree with you there. I'm also someone who believes that anyone even a little serious about maintaining their own vehicle's appearance would be well served to keep some kind of Megs products on hand. I know I do..

Having said that, I still feel there is plenty of room in any detailer's stable for other high quality wax/sealant products.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Having said that, I still feel there is plenty of room in any detailer's stable for other high quality wax/sealant products.

Agree. I've used more than 15 such products...but like Meguiar's the best to date. Like you said...there are some other good ones too, and options are a good thing.

I actually like Griot's Poly Wax the best!

But I like Meguiar's price better.

Griots makes excellent products. I live about ten miles from their flagship store.

Well said.

Originally Posted By: PimTac

Griots makes excellent products. I live about ten miles from their flagship store.

Must be nice! I'd be a poor man.

Must be nice! I'd be a poor man.

They took over a old Coca Cola bottling plant, painted it white with red trim and remodeled the inside for display and store. Their manufacturing is in another section. They regularly have classes and demos and classic cars in the showroom that were detailed with their products. It’s a nice break from the big box stores.

Yes, some of their stuff is pricey especially some of their tools and gadgets.

[Yes, some of their stuff is pricey especially some of their tools and gadgets.

Very cool that you can see their operation!

The only downside I hear/read about their products is the 20-25% premium you pay above other comparable product offerings.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Warstud
No thanks....I'll stick with NuFinish since it's cheaper and lasts longer.

It doesn't last that long...

Ive never noted any basis that any of these products last that long out in the elements. And Im not in that extreme of a climate.

At least by the beading tests, unless a vehicle is stored inside like 99.9% of its life, any of these products seem to last 1-2 months, max.

HydrO2 and related products seem to fare the best IME.

I agree 100% with these comments. Although Meguiar's products leave a great initial finish, I find that they don't last more than a few weeks on cars stored outside.

Originally Posted By: DAC17
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: Warstud
No thanks....I'll stick with NuFinish since it's cheaper and lasts longer.

It doesn't last that long...

Ive never noted any basis that any of these products last that long out in the elements. And Im not in that extreme of a climate.

At least by the beading tests, unless a vehicle is stored inside like 99.9% of its life, any of these products seem to last 1-2 months, max.

HydrO2 and related products seem to fare the best IME.

I agree 100% with these comments. Although Meguiar's products leave a great initial finish, I find that they don't last more than a few weeks on cars stored outside.

I guess I'll have to ask my brother if he'll send me some pix of his Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid treated 2015 SUV to show how inaccurate that last statement is - his is only parked outside - virtually 99% of the time.

Since he bought it, he has properly done the 5 steps in detailing (wash, clay, polish, glaze, seal with Meguiar's) twice per year - Spring and Fall - along with an occasional quick spray touch-up detail after washing (about every 3 weeks apart in the winter). Meguiar's states Ultimate Liquid should last up to 6 months, and in his case it has for years now. His SUV still looks like new, despite sitting out in snow 4 months of the year.

As much as I'd like try it, I've decided I'm going to stop strating from Duragloss 105/601.

For looks, longevity, and price DG 105 really can't be beat. Everyone I try something else, I keep coming back.

Loving the Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid results on the 2018 Pearl White Hyundai SUV...the daughter's Black 2017 Hyundai SUV with Meguiar's looks pretty nice too.

Smooth, clean, and shiny...just the way we like them.

DgKQ_q0X0AEIme4.jpg

DgKRC2MWkAYe58y.jpg

DgKQ3iSWAAAb8M2.jpg

After nothing but a wash...Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid still shows off the shine and protection...even the glass...

DgN0UYlX4AESOQO.jpg

DgN0W_oX4AE70el.jpg

During a recent heavy rain...saw the water just run off and hardly needed to use the wipers.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Originally Posted By: 007
Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Used by Professionals

NOT

Did you click on the link that was posted for Duragloss sealants? A professional detailer on here uses their products with very good results.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...501#Post3118894

Yup, Duragloss works great for me and plenty of other detailers that make their living detailing cars. Working smart when you do this full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back