Happy Veterans Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attended Veterans Day ceremony at our local high school yesterdays. Lots of veterans. Veterans and veteran organizations are very prominent in Nebraska. A little surprised that there was not a veteran of the Coast Guard as we have a Coast Guard buoy tender on the Missouri at Omaha.

Was at Culver Academy today; (formerly known as Culver Military Academy). They had a very nice ceremony. Lot's of noteworthy alumni (public and military) attended there in over 100 years. Private school with conventional traditions means no one to please but the alumni; no "public" school board looking over your shoulder or principal editing your speech. Good ol' fashioned respect, flags, and amen's.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Was at Culver Academy today; (formerly known as Culver Military Academy). They had a very nice ceremony. Lot's of noteworthy alumni (public and military) attended there in over 100 years. Private school with conventional traditions means no one to please but the alumni; no "public" school board looking over your shoulder or principal editing your speech. Good ol' fashioned respect, flags, and amen's.

Wonderful.

Although I always proudly wear my poppy, I'm ashamed to say I haven't been to a Remembrance Day Service since being a young lad with my parents. Maybe I'll make the effort next year.

That's a great video. My grandfather who served in one of the world wars died on Remembrance day 24 years ago today and he died in the morning just before 11:11am.

I forgot to mention above and didn't think of it until I saw the Poppies because we used to call him Poppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back