Happy Halloween - What is your ritual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get all the Halloween scrooges in here. Halloween is fun, even if you don't have kids. I enjoy handing out candy and seeing all the different costumes...don't know why anyone wouldn't...next year my grand daughter will be old enough to go trick or treating for the first time, and you better believe I'll be taking her!

Originally Posted By: grampi
I don't get all the Halloween scrooges in here. Halloween is fun, even if you don't have kids. I enjoy handing out candy and seeing all the different costumes...don't know why anyone wouldn't...next year my grand daughter will be old enough to go trick or treating for the first time, and you better believe I'll be taking her!

Could be because it has been cold and rainy around here the past few years. Also many kids don't want to cross the road just to get candy from my house.

Some years we get lots of kids some years not so much. Last year it poured rain off/on like crazy and it was cold and we had the most kids.
21.gif

Last edited:
My ritual, since our daughter passed age 12 or so and lost all interest, has been to turn off all the porch lights and have a handful of candy bars just in case someone misses the hint. Just another night as far as I'm concerned now that I don't have a little kid anymore.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
My ritual, since our daughter passed age 12 or so and lost all interest, has been to turn off all the porch lights and have a handful of candy bars just in case someone misses the hint. Just another night as far as I'm concerned now that I don't have a little kid anymore.

So sorry to hear that.
frown.gif

In about six hours I will fill the plastic pumpkin we have had for umpteen years with bags of candy, turn on the porch and garage lights and wait for little Johnny and Jane to show up. I might try a few in between. At eight o'clock or when candy is gone, I will turn off front lights, call it Halloween past and utter the first Bah Humbug of the holiday season.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
I don't understand it. On any other day of the year, if a stranger comes to my house and rings the bell, they aren't getting an answer, but on Halloween I'm supposed to answer, and give away treats?
Nope.

Exactly. I sit in the family room and watch TV while the wife answers the door!
25.gif

Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
Originally Posted By: CT8
Sacrificing a cat to to Lucifer.

S_tan must be real happy with this Halloween feast.

Different dudes...

Start a massive fire in the front yard and hand out candy to irritate the neighbors who think we have a uppity up neighborhood, but I lived here first before. Still fun.

I have kids so trick or treat and the other part sit out front and hand out candy with a portable fire pit in driveway. I hand out cold beer cans to the neighbors.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
Originally Posted By: CT8
Sacrificing a cat to to Lucifer.

Ah your tradition smoke some weed or drink.
Don't smoke anything or drink, but do you think I should? I thought sacrificing a cat would be enough.

Start the burn pile about 5 pm, get it going really well. Kid's start coming around a little after 6pm. I enjoy seeing the kids and visiting with the neighbor's.

All lights off, except the one illuminating the big "NO TRESPASSING" and "DANGER-TRAINED ATTACK DOGS" signs.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

So sorry to hear that.
frown.gif

Don't be, the average night is very pleasant. I just don't get all the hoopla with adults giving a flip about it. Its great for kids, but they grow up and you get to go visit them for Thanksgiving, and eat yourself into a turkey coma. That's an adult holiday! :)

No I'm sorry that your daughter passed away. I can't imagine how that feels. I'm glad though that you are doing well though.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
No I'm sorry that your daughter passed away. I can't imagine how that feels. I'm glad though that you are doing well though.
thumbsup2.gif

Whoah, whoah... she's living in California going to grad school! Sorry if I gave that impression by saying "passed age 12 " instead of "got older than age 12" We did lose a son in infancy back in 1992 before our daughter was even born, so I DO know how horrible that is, but my daughter is very much OK.

Thanks for your concern, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back