Happy anniversary to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JTK
Good to hear Jack!

Makes you wonder if you would have had the same results after all the recommended treatment..

Recommended treatment starts with chemotherapy.

I'm a data science person and because very interested in my diagnosis and any kind of treatment, usual and customary or anything else. Everyone I researched over 5 years that went through chemotherapy died in 90 days or most times much less. A very few, one percent or so survived but their quality of life was a terrible burden. To sit up or eat a few spoonfuls of food that they could not taste, take a shower or watch a movie was an agonizing experience. Statistically, it's not effective but remains the treatment of choice in most hospitals. The survival rate for Pancreatic cancer has gone down over the last 100 years. Chemotherapy is the last gasp for those that are going to do nothing else. The doctors claim no real benefit to a good, strict nutrition program. The survival rate for those that did nothing and did not live a healthy lifestyle with good strict nutrition had a better longer-term survival rate but did not usually survive past 3 years. Of that group, the few that I met were the extremely healthy, active people before getting sick, not your average person.

Sorry, I don't mean to run on but I've been kind of involved in this and some things that I see with healthcare really bother me.

Congrats sir
wink.gif

I always enjoy reading your posts as you have great advice. God bless you

A very good friend of mine was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and told that he had two years to live. He had a daughter who is a medical doctor, and he saw all the best doctors. Two years after the diagnoses he died. He was a very good friend and is one of the people I miss very much.

Originally Posted By: Al
Wow. Pancreatic cancer is can be a death sentence. You are indeed a fighter. God bless.

Fixed for you

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Originally Posted By: JTK
Good to hear Jack!

Makes you wonder if you would have had the same results after all the recommended treatment..

Recommended treatment starts with chemotherapy.

I'm a data science person and because very interested in my diagnosis and any kind of treatment, usual and customary or anything else. Everyone I researched over 5 years that went through chemotherapy died in 90 days or most times much less. A very few, one percent or so survived but their quality of life was a terrible burden. To sit up or eat a few spoonfuls of food that they could not taste, take a shower or watch a movie was an agonizing experience. Statistically, it's not effective but remains the treatment of choice in most hospitals. The survival rate for Pancreatic cancer has gone down over the last 100 years. Chemotherapy is the last gasp for those that are going to do nothing else. The doctors claim no real benefit to a good, strict nutrition program. The survival rate for those that did nothing and did not live a healthy lifestyle with good strict nutrition had a better longer-term survival rate but did not usually survive past 3 years. Of that group, the few that I met were the extremely healthy, active people before getting sick, not your average person.

Sorry, I don't mean to run on but I've been kind of involved in this and some things that I see with healthcare really bother me.

I have been told the 2 biggest money makers in medicine are cardiac and cancer treatment . Not a fortune to be made in a strict nutrition program .

Hang in there , my friend , :)

I was saddened to read a post from you a few months ago in which you said you'd been fighting Pancreatic CA. Was afraid you wouldn't be around for long. Delighted to hear you've beaten it! God bless you, and may you continue to post here for many years to come.

The truth is we start dying , the day we are born .

None of us are promised tomorrow . We are ALL 1 heart beak away from meeting our Maker .

So , from that perspective , we all have the same amount left to live . Most of us do not live that way , though .

Now I lay me down to sleep . I pray the Lord my soul to keep ........

Be well , my friend , :)
Wyr
God bless

Thanks again for all the kind responses. I can't express enough how important good nutrition and an active lifestyle is for anyone at any age.

BITOG has been a wonderful distraction for me and helped to keep my mind in a better place when things became difficult.

It may not sound like it but my adventure locating a backup for my 84 Honda ended up with a self-propelled shipping crate called an 06 Scion xB (XBox) was also a pleasant distraction. It's not what most people would consider but it fits me perfectly.

It's time to get out the Pledge Furniture Polish......

Glad to hear Jack. Are you in remission or did the surgery remove all of your cancer? I know you've been in the hospital a lot this year.

Best wishes

Congrats....it's great news!

Have been trying to go the fresh food route myself...

Already noticed changes as I have been drinking much more water than anything else now (pop was my vice-still drink it a little)...and have been feeling much better just on that....

You know my friend I had the "honor" to ask a lady patient if she knew the diagnosis that I knew she had. It was the same as your was. I pulled up a chair and took hold of her hand. One of the things I told her was, " if there was ever anyone to fight this and overcome this it is you because of your heart, your spirit, your family and your faith." I left that room 313 with some tears in my eyes... Hoping that somehow, someway, God gave me the right way, spirit, attitude, heart, and words with that really wonderful lady. I still have thought of her over the last 5 years...

Candidly Oneyejack I hope that I have been in some small way been a small help to you. I hope you know that I do have you in my thoughts rather often. You my friend... Are someone I look up to, I greatly respect, and hope to be as strong, tough, and determined as you are. I doubt that I am all that close to you in those regards. But, you have continued to inspire me to be better, stronger, and a better caregiver. You are a person who helps me more than you know. Thanks for being who you are. And helping me.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Not sure if your timing was intentional or coincidence, but November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month.

My Dad, sadly, went the other way, diagnosed and buried within a month because the cancer had already spread. So it's good to hear that people have beaten this.

Congrats! I can imagine that the saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" applies. Have some family friends who have been diagnosed with the big C and survived and it is a huge life changing event.

Good for you for being strict with what you eat. It truly is insane how many chemicals go into what we consume these days.

My daughter in law , her Dad came down with pancreatic cancer and passed away from it .

I think he was first diagnosed with diabetes & the DR.'s eventually diagnosed cancer .

He was a Viet Nam Veteran . I privately thought it might have been caused , at least in some part , by Agent Orange . But I did not say anything to daughter in law . Her Dad is gone & I feared it would just stir up pain .

Best wishes to you all , :)
Wyr
God bless

Congrats to you.
I have a little insight on living with cancer.
10 yrs ago I had tonsil cancer and after a scan they found cancer in my kidney.
I was lucky to have found it before any symptoms,so having tonsil cancer actually was a blessing.
Went through surgery,chemo, radiation and all was well Until May when I found out the kidney cancer spread to my chest.
So here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back