hand/skin lotion you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread

Kiehl's hand therapy is a great product (I'm sure the recommended ones here are too)

Kiehl's makes good stuff. Go to one of their stores in a mall (or the HQ in NYC) and sign up for emailed coupons. They don't do repetitive emails. Good company.
Admiral Bird took their stuff on the South Pole Expedition.

Gold bond ultimate healing here. My hands are well worn and use to abuse and its rare I ever need to use anything but lacquer thinner in this weather will dry out the toughest hands. The Gold Bond products seem to work best for me anyway.

The only thing that works for me (don't laugh) - baby oil gel.

Everything else just makes my hands greasy along with everything I touch. But doesn't actually help my skin

Not expensive and lasts for days. But I reapply daily but with most lotions after 24hrs the skin is pretty dry again. So this stuff lasts. There's one for Men(gray bottle) which is the one I get, nice scent too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
I use motor oil of course, what else?

used some "excess" MMO one day to shine my shoes.
They kind of could not pin-point the smell for that day ....

Badger Balm - it is a waxy hand salve. So much so that I almost never use it unless I'm doing nothing else (like taking a nap)

Originally Posted By: Miller88
The only thing that works for me (don't laugh) - baby oil gel.

Everything else just makes my hands greasy along with everything I touch. But doesn't actually help my skin

Dial 7 Day lotion dries non-greasy to the touch in a minute or so. I can't stand the greasy ones.

Originally Posted By: marine65
I use Udderly Smooth.
If its good enough for Cows its good enough for me.

So you deem cows better than you?

Gold Bond Healing hand creme.

The best I have and used, though, is Vermont's original Bag Balm. If you work with your hands, that is the stuff you want...

GoldBond - replaced a whole cabinet full of high end expensive creams and lotions.

UD

Hand lotion is like LUCAS oil additives. A nice place to get rid of industrial waste and then charge good money for it. Read my previous post.

That mixture works if you have a MAJOR problem.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I use lotion daily after I shave my face.

After working in a medical setting, do you use anything for your hands?

P.S. Re: face/aftershave I used a blue made in Germany Nivea for about 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back