Had a senior moment, troubles at home will be brewing 1996 TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLE DAYTONA 900

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
What was I thinking. Threw out a bid on a charitable donated motorcycle, that went to a salvage auction. I do have a valid motorcycle license, but don't have a motorcycle out of respect for my Wife. I won the bid on this for $184 (including all auction fees). This is what happens when I have a six week break in traveling form work.

1996 TRIUMPH MOTORCYCLE DAYTONA 900​

download.jpg

I like motorcycles but that would be too much for me. Might be getting too old to ride even my scooter 🛵 but OTOH nobody is dependent on me like when I used to ride frequently.

Reactions: GON
Looks like fun! Have you got it yet? Besides the missing fairing, what else can you see that needs attention?
BH,

No, the bike is in Reno, NV. My bid was just $50, but the fees made the out the door price of $184. I don't know if it runs or not,- I was just screwing around when I bid, thought no way will I win at $50. I bid just as a placeholder to see what the bike would go for.......

BH,
I bid just as a placeholder to see what the bike would go for.......

I did that once, just the frame of a rare bike I had known and ridden 30 years before, just a bid to keep track of the sale. I still have it, a project bike if I had time and money.

Reactions: GON
Its an investment motorcycle. Your buying it cheap - fix up and resell. Your practicing for your retirement job.
This is a good idea. It will get you out of hot water with the wife. It will give you something to tinker on, although from what you share here, I suspect you already have plenty of those. And it will give you an out on something you really didn't plan on buying.

And of course, you will have to take it for a test drive before selling it. ;)

My wife told me to sell all my motorcycles at the time I had five because I can only ride one at time my response to her was How many pairs of shoes do you have she said that's different I said why you've got five pairs of red shoes she goes no that's Oxford that's cordovan that's red Etc enjoy your motorcycle

Tom B

CONVERT

Put it on the Reno Craigslist……..free to good home, believe me, on a 26 year old Brit bike, you’ll come out ahead!

Wonder how many people saw the listing of this bike and didn`t bid onn it for parts. Not that I`m calling it a parts bike.....
I think it may very be only worth parts. Fairing is missing, and so is the muffler. I bid $50 just for tracking, never expected to win. If the bike was local, no issue. But it is almost 700 winter mountain miles from me.

Back