Hackers got Us or UPS, it's cost us 150K so far....

UncleDave

$100 Site Donor 2024
A third party investigation found nothing on our side.

To even file an insurance claim we had to spend 15K on a 3rd party external audit.
Our superior internal team had been on this tracking everything down, and told us an external search would yield nothing, and it didn't.

They originally intercepted and redirected about 500K worth of stuff - we caught and rerouted all but 150K of it as it happened in real time. The hackers kept phoning in changes as us, using all the proper account and tracking numbers redirecting stuff after the fact.

UPS refuses to share any data, yet said this has been happening to many.
We'll see if a subpoena and grand theft investigation shakes this loose.

Insurance companies are playing merry go round between fraud, cyber and theft passing the buck on which policy holder pays.
The GVPD report calls it theft.

Good Times.

Last edited:
A couple years ago I had a FedEx package re-routed. Fortunately I caught it in time.

They would get them sent to "forwarding" services in place like FL that accept shipments for you if you're not in the country.

Getting the post office to pay on an insurance claim is going to be a hassle. Why would you need an external audit and for what? Just need the tracking numbers showing they weren't delivered to the listed address.

Getting the post office to pay on an insurance claim is going to be a hassle. Why would you need an external audit and for what? Just need the tracking numbers showing they weren't delivered to the listed address.

UPS, not the USPS.

We have external insurance to protect us, and pay for their insurance as well.

The external audit was required to rule out employee involvement and to search for violations of security protocol we agreed to implement to get insurance in the first place. Finding either would result in a declination of insurance.

It starts with us then spirals outward.

The insurance company required this prior to actually filing the claim without this and the police report.

my 2 cents: UPS hacked. give it a couple months these kind of issues are always deny deny deny.. here have some free credit monitoring (at least for consumers)

Reactions: D60
Back