Gutter Brush

I just tried the guards as shown in the pictures by Warstud and Donald. There was a problem. The eavestrough I want to protect is about 30 feet long and it has to have a reasonable slope to drain. At the low end of the trough, the guard has to be on such an upward slope towards the roof that you can't really tuck them under the shingles without causing them to lift. My roof has a relatively low slope. I tried bending and cutting them. Just didn't work. I took them back.

I just tried the guards as shown in the pictures by Warstud and Donald. There was a problem. The eavestrough I want to protect is about 30 feet long and it has to have a reasonable slope to drain. At the low end of the trough, the guard has to be on such an upward slope towards the roof that you can't really tuck them under the shingles without causing them to lift. My roof has a relatively low slope. I tried bending and cutting them. Just didn't work. I took them back.
Since you have a 30 ft gutter ............. is there an area along the gutter that you can tie into and add another downspout ?
Also you dont necessarily have to put the guard under the shingle either . You can screw them to the gutter .

Since you have a 30 ft gutter ............. is there an area along the gutter that you can tie into and add another downspout ?
Also you dont necessarily have to put the guard under the shingle either . You can screw them to the gutter .
Most of these style guards are wider than a standard gutter to tuck under the shingle. I feel like keeping them overlapping on top of the shingles would look terrible.

Back