Gutter Brush

hrv

With fall here and the leaves beginning to fall I have been thinking of gutter guards.. I see a product called Gutter Brush...Simple to install...Has anyone out there used this product???? Good or bad.....

Looks like a leaf would just be impaled onto it, dry, and deflect rain over the side.

Looks cheap enough to try though.

Looks like a leaf would just be impaled onto it, dry, and deflect rain over the side.

Looks cheap enough to try though.
some of the reviews state that some leaves will dry up over time and fall down in the gutter and that about evey 2 years you need to remove them and shake them out and clean the gutter..

some of the reviews state that some leaves will dry up over time and fall down in the gutter and that about evey 2 years you need to remove them and shake them out and clean the gutter..
I’d give it a try.

Reactions: hrv
Simple gutter guards like I see at Menard's look easy enough to install. Those over engineered product like Leaf Guard are just that. All you need is something to let rain water through but stop bigger debris like leafs

I am not sure there is best gutter guard. My home in Delaware with both oak and pine trees had when I bought it two types of gutter guards. Most of the house has the one installed with a slight angle where the outside edge is rounded and goes back inside the gutter. So water flows across the gutter and around the rounded edge and ends up inside the gutter. Leaves just blow away, no place for them to accumulate. Sounds good.

However when there is a heavy rain the water just flows across the gutter and onto the ground. It does not follow the rounded edge back into the gutter.

So in some areas the previous owner replaced those with plastic ones that lay flat across the gutter and have holes with screens for the water to drain into the gutter. They work OK but some leaves and twigs stay on top then. At least for awhile. Wind may blow them off or some of them off.

With fall here and the leaves beginning to fall I have been thinking of gutter guards.. I see a product called Gutter Brush...Simple to install...Has anyone out there used this product???? Good or bad.....
It's a good low cost option. Good but not perfect. It's like a giant pipe cleaner. They do sometimes need to be cleaned. They are not very effective against pine needles if you have a pine nearby.

It's a good low cost option. Good but not perfect. It's like a giant pipe cleaner. They do sometimes need to be cleaned. They are not very effective against pine needles if you have a pine nearby.
No pines nut a lot of maples that have what I call those hellicopter seeds that fall.. I think I will give them a try...To do my whole house it will cost about 180.00 dollars...

No pines nut a lot of maples that have what I call those hellicopter seeds that fall.. I think I will give them a try...To do my whole house it will cost about 180.00 dollars...
Worth a try. You may have to clean the spinners out once a year.

Objigatory:
chainsaw.jpg

They might reduce the amount of times you have to drag out the ladder and get up there, but they are going to clog with fine debris over time. Like said, no system solves the problem completely.

My previous home came with commercial wire/metal snap in gutter guards. Junk would collect on them over time and fines would still build up in the gutter. Removing these panels was not easy. I've also tried the snap in 3ft plastic panels shown above and the roll out plastic stuff. All have similar drawbacks.

But the winds should take car of that ...
It should. But the wind does don't fully clear the leaves & twigs off. Some stuff ends up staying on top of the gutter guard (not the brand gutter guard).

Maybe it's the shape of the house or the way the wind blows.

Attachments

• PXL_20231021_123915967.jpg
    PXL_20231021_123915967.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20231021_123919023.jpg
    PXL_20231021_123919023.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 20
It should. But the wind does don't fully clear the leaves & twigs off. Some stuff ends up staying on top of the gutter guard (not the brand gutter guard).

WOW cant argue with a picture....

I see you have the same ones I posted . No ....... there not install and forget like some claim to be . But they keep alot of leaves and other stuff from plugging up the gutter which is there intended purpose .

I've had these for close to 5 years, they are great. Perfect balance of having large enough openings to handle heavy rain but not large enough for leaves to get through. They are metal so should last a long time. Easy to install.
Amerimax-Lock-in-Gutter-Guard-White/1001838926

I will say it is windy here, so nothing ever has a chance to sit on them.

I have the ones with the holes in it and live in the mountains. It keeps the big leaves out but they get stuck in the holes at times as evident at the end of the gutter in this pic, as for the little helicopters leaves, well here is a pic and I have to clean them out every 2-3 yrs or else they will clog the down spots.
1697909124469.jpg

Back