Gumout All-In-One vs Gumout Regane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie here and I've been reading a lot of the posts about Gumout Regane. What I'm surprised about is that I haven't found any posts about the All-In-One formula. So I was curious if anyone has tried it yet and discovered whether or not it was worth paying a little extra for, versus the Regane.

From what I read on Gumout's website, it seems like the main difference between the two is that the All-In-One has a UCL where as the Regane doesn't. So my first impression is that the AIO isn't worth it. So if I wanted to put in a little bit of UCL occassionally, I'd use MMO instead. So I'm curious to see what everyone's opinion is.

About my car... It is a 2001 Grand Marquis LS (4.6) with about 163k on the clock. I just had an oil change done two days ago with PP 5W20 (first time the car has used anything other than dino) with a Motorcraft FL-820S filter. I plan on going 6 months or 6000 miles on the fill. So I will wait until two tankfuls before the next change before I use any FS cleaner. I was using MMO in the tank on a regular basis (at the recommended dose) until two tankfuls ago, because I was thinking that it really wasn't necessary to do it so often.

Thanks very much for your feedback everyone and I look forward to making more posts as time goes on.

If you are using MMO regularly with every fuel fill then my opinion is you would not need the complete Regane with UCL. MMO is an excellent UCL and Regane is an excellent fuel injector cleaner. MMO is also a cleaner, but its cleaning properties are pretty mild when compared to Regane. I think MMO or any other UCL is something you need to use very consistently to get consistent and maximum UCL benefits from it. You can use the Regane fuel system cleaner, the one in the clear bottle, with Regane but it's not recommended to use Regane and MMO both together in the tank at the same time. If you add Regane of any variety, it's best to skip the MMO dose on that tank. MMO in the tank with every fill-up has really improved the performance on my truck.

And, Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back