Green Valley, AZ home, being sold for cash only, as is- just sold for 50k above listing price

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
I saw this home the day it went on the market. It was a estate sale, I assume from the death of a parent. Estate would only accept a cash offer, as is sale. Listing price $249k. Wording in the listing implied the home needed work.

I was interested in buying the home, but Wife wanted no part of it. The home ended up selling 50k over listing price last week.

That's a retiree corridor from Tucson to the border. The house looks in good condition, just dated, but something is going on in the one bathroom with the broken tiles. It's interesting there seems to be access to the back of the lots but I don't see anyone with cars or trailers on their lots, where would you keep all of your rolling stock? Nice 1/3 acre lot though, put the fence to the lot line in the back it would be nice.

That's a retiree corridor from Tucson to the border. The house looks in good condition, just dated, but something is going on in the one bathroom with the broken tiles. It's interesting there seems to be access to the back of the lots but I don't see anyone with cars or trailers on their lots, where would you keep all of your rolling stock? Nice 1/3 acre lot though, put the fence to the lot line in the back it would be nice.
AZJ,

I would have just purchased the home as a placeholder against rising home prices (I know not what the mainstream media is promoting). I think this home in Green Valley at or below 250k was a rock-solid, no-lose transaction no matter what for the Buyer.

At 250k, I thought it would be very hard to lose on this home, and worst-case scenario we could/ would live in it. My gameplan would have been to offer 200k, put 200k in cash in earnest money when making the offer, no inspections or stipulations other than clear title, and offer to close from 24 hours to 18 months, whatever worked for the estate. Offer would have been very low but puts zero pressure on the estate. Some people want easy/simple/ no pain over money.

Green Valley, AZ home, being sold for cash only, as is- just sold for 50k above listing price​

Are you more surprised that 1) the seller only wanted cash or 2) what it sold for?

1) With the spike in interest rates, it might be harder to find willing buyers if they need to get a loan.
2) Without knowing the comps, how much it sold for over listing price doesn't mean much.

Always wanted to live next to an open pit mine.
PT,

Not sure what you are seeing here- I do not see an open pit mine.
gv.jpg
open pit mine.

Are you more surprised that 1) the seller only wanted cash or 2) what it sold for?

1) With the spike in interest rates, it might be harder to find willing buyers if they need to get a loan.
2) Without knowing the comps, how much it sold for over listing price doesn't mean much.
The home very could have been underpriced by the listing agent. Being sold 50k above listing price, with only accepting offers from cash buyers, and as is- suggests the prices of single-family homes in Arizona may be very healthy/ robust.

Looks like a deal at $200k not knowing anything about the market. 2BR makes it a tougher sell but maybe not if this is a retiree area. What’s with the “alley” behind all the houses? I looked at a satellite image and have never seen that before.

Hmmm. That might depend on the winds. I don’t know. I’ve never lived next to such a thing but I assume there is plenty of dust.

Here is a good example right here in our neck of the woods. This would be a good place for you. Nice large outbuilding for your vehicles and hobbies. Just check out the map view.

Looks like a deal at $200k not knowing anything about the market. 2BR makes it a tougher sell but maybe not if this is a retiree area. What’s with the “alley” behind all the houses? I looked at a satellite image and have never seen that before.
RH,

Like you, I couldn't figure out the alley behind the home. Thought if it was a "right of way", a person may be able to place a small/ tasteful exterior pole barn with the garage door entrance to the alley.

Hmmm. That might depend on the winds. I don’t know. I’ve never lived next to such a thing but I assume there is plenty of dust.

Here is a good example right here in our neck of the woods. This would be a good place for you. Nice large outbuilding for your vehicles and hobbies. Just check out the map view.

Nice home- shows it is already under contract. And that home is about triple the price of the Green Valley home.

RH,

Like you, I couldn't figure out the alley behind the home. Thought if it was a "right of way", a person may be able to place a small/ tasteful exterior pole barn with the garage door entrance to the alley.

It’s strange that whole development has alleys like that but I didn’t see a single instance of anyone using it to park an RV behind the house or have a detached garage. I’d bet there’s HOA restrictions against that. It’d be convenient for pool construction I guess, just seems odd to layout the neighborhood that way.

Reactions: GON
It’s strange that whole development has alleys like that but I didn’t see a single instance of anyone using it to park an RV behind the house or have a detached garage. I’d bet there’s HOA restrictions against that. It’d be convenient for pool construction I guess, just seems odd to layout the neighborhood that way.

Could be a copy of what they used to do in the old days. Cities created alleys mainly for utilities. Power, sewer and such were located there. Deliveries and garbage were picked up there leaving the regular streets for residents.

RH,

Looking at the rest of that subdivision there's not car, trailer, or shed of any kind anywhere in the back of the lots so don't count on a pole barn.

@GON, many areas have some of what are called "county islands", a small subdivided area that was in place before large developments and HOAs. These properties are sought after, usually larger lots and you can do anything with them that the county allows. These can be surrounded by a larger development.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
Back