grabbed a bottle of Ouzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in Punta Cana this past week in an all-inclusive abusing my liver, and had Sambuca with what I took to be vanilla beans floating in it, with tiramisu for dessert one evening. Very tasty, very similar to Ouzo. My wife had a different dessert and she was served a little serving of vodka with hers.

I think it might be prudent to detox for a day or two...

Well...It's a very good aperitif especially with sea food. The best way to drink it is mixed with some cold water. The anethene reacts with water and gives it the milky look and the full flavor. It must be treated with respect, because the "life is beautiful" and the "star wars in my head" stages are very
very close. One or two small glasses should be enough! In Greece, the past decades, it was the treat of choice that the lady of the house would offer to the adult guests before the main meal, or just ouzo with some "meze" for those in a hurry. The meze (snack) could be some anchovies or sardines, fried squid ,tomato, cucumber, olives, peppers, meatballs, some salami and of course feta cheese. It was also something you could have for you and your friends after drinking coffee at the kafeneio, Greek version of cafeteria, before going home for diner.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
best combo ever...shots of Ouzo straight from the freezer with pickled herring. Just delicious!

crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
It shouldn't be drunk so much that you get drunk. Enjoy a small glass of 40-60 ouzo-water before dinner as an aperitif.

It's not sambuca to be drunk neat.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back