Got new tires and have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would insist on the tires spec'd for the vehicle and the ones you ordered. As for the alignment , its not a bad alignment job. The right rear toe could be tighter, sometimes though an adjustment bolt does not want to budge. Camber can be easily affected by toe adjustment. I would be more concerned with getting the correct tires on the accord.

My Yokohama Ascends were a bit off but still within a few degrees in the rear.Granted I lowered it with Tein suspension 2". My last set of Yokohama lasted 90k. Aligned and balanced as manual states. I have 5 suspension braces and the top strut bars really helped keep wear even.

^^^ I apologize, for both sites that I provided above have time out. Sorry!

As I stated in my first response, the RT43 "T" speed rated scored higher than the "H" speed rated tires. This was information from when these tires first came to market. However, according to TheTireRack Customer ratings, the "H" score slightlty higher in certain categories but, not all categories.

Something is up with the rear alignment...

He changed the right rear toe by .01 degrees and got a .5 degree change in camber yet a .37 degree toe change on the left side caused zero change in camber?

Nope.

And I’d go back and insist on H rated tire is if thats what I ordered.

I'm only going to talk about the alignment.

I agree with DuckRyder, something is up on the right rear. There's too much camber and toe.

My experience is that the published alignment tolerances are too wide, by half. Plus anything over a degree in camber is problematic. The problem here is that the alignment tech not only has to agree with those 2 statements, but be willing to tell you that you may need additional parts to get the car where it ought to be.

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer
...anything over a degree in camber is problematic.

Agreed. My 89 Honda Accord had about 1.5 degrees negative camber on the front right from the day it rolled off the lot. Until I replaced the upper control arms over 200,000 miles later, and just got lucky (this car's camber wasn't adjustable) enough to pull the camber closer to zero, I had to be very diligent with rotations as the front right tire would wear noticeably on the inside edge.

If you decide to install an adjustable camber kit choose carefully. Some of them provide flimsy attachment of the upper control arms to the body. Plus, many shops will charge extra to do an alignment on cars with camber kits.

I've been using NTB (a tire shop) for my alignments for over twenty years. The results have been just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back