Got car back from body shop, two issues.

The headlights no longer come on when I unlock the car with the key fob, as do the headlights no longer stay on when I lock it and close the driver's door, or lock it with the key fob. The horn also doesn't honk when I double lock it withe the key fob. The "passenger airbag off" light is also staying on.

Any ideas?

Check your owners manual, those things are usually programmable by the owner except for the airbag off. you may have a switch for that too. There is most likely a way to turn off/on the passenger airbag depending on the size of the passenger. Mine has a key slot in the dash for the passenger airbag.

Take it back. If this was an insurance claim and you used one of their "preffered or drp" shops contact your adjuster and let them know so it can be documented. If the insurance company paid for a srs test and reset and it wasnt completed that is fraud. Be nice , polite, but firm. Do you have the final estimate with supplements? See if it addresses the srs at all. Was the car at the shop for a collision? Where was the damage? Did you already sign the paperwork accepting delivery?

Take it back. If this was an insurance claim and you used one of their "preffered or drp" shops contact your adjuster and let them know so it can be documented. If the insurance company paid for a srs test and reset and it wasnt completed that is fraud. Be nice , polite, but firm. Do you have the final estimate with supplements? See if it addresses the srs at all. Was the car at the shop for a collision? Where was the damage? Did you already sign the paperwork accepting delivery?
This ^

When I got the Sonata back from hail-damage repair, the right passenger seatbelt was jammed behind the trim on the pillar so it was inoperable, and the right tail-light assembly wasn't connected, and the connection was buried behind the trim piece in the trunk. I could have remedied both items myself, but I just paid them a lot of money to fix the car properly (well State Farm did, I was just the courier) so I went back to have them finish the job.

What vehicle and what work performed? Kinda missing a lot of context and info.
Accord in my sig. Just got home. Going to get the manual and see what I can find. I wonder what in the world I look for in the owner's manual concerning the headlight and horn lock/unlock issue?

Last edited:
Accord in my sig. Just got home. Going to get the manual and see what I can find. I wonder what in the world I look for in the owner's manual concerning the headlight and horn lock/unlock issue?
Oh, I'm on mobile, there's no sigs.

Oh, I'm on mobile, there's no sigs.
It's a 2012 Accord Coupe EX-L.

I looked all through the owner's manual and the fuse diagrams and I can't figure out what to look for. Nothing seems obvious per se.

Back