Got A New Flashlight...

Originally Posted By: Duffyjr
I was a little disappointed it didn't come with a clip as most of the video reviews showed it had one.

That's odd. Both my S2+ lights came with a clip, but the clip was not installed - just sitting in the Convoy box.

QP did you try and put that clip on with the little screws? What a pain in the rear that was, any way it looks nice but wouldn't use it for anything more than a pocket clip, I think eventually it will work itself loose and when it does I won't be putting it back on unless the clip on ones are total junk.

That diffuse cap really works well and lights up the whole room even on low.

Duffy, both my S2+ lights came with a regular clip that does not use screws. See pics below.

Honestly, I don't use the clip on this light. It just gets in a way. I only put it on to take a picture.
smile.gif

37656764884_d9ec7d55aa_z.jpg

38316039326_4d58a9823f_o.jpg

How easy is the interface on this one? I get mad quickly by most of the modes I need not.
Where did you get it from?

Originally Posted By: Y_K
How easy is the interface on this one? I get mad quickly by most of the modes I need not.

It's pretty easy. Single click to turn on and cycle through low/med/high/turbo.

Blinky modes (strobe, SOS, beacon) require a double click, so you can easily avoid them in normal use.

Quote:
Where did you get it from?

https://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_555778.html

The sale is over now though.

FYI, there have been some reports of switch not working correctly on this light, but mine seems to be fine. YMMV.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Thank you. I am tempted by regular battery compatibility.

If you are looking for a simple 1xAA light, you might also consider Jetbeam Jet-1 MK. Only three modes: low/mid/hi, and no blinky modes. No switch to worry about - just twist the head to operate. Pretty bullet-proof, IMO.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_368125.html?lkid=10940220

Coupon Code: JMKdeal

brings the price down to $10.99.

Looks like a good stocking-stuffer Pete.

I do wish the specs would list the light color temp however. Some of these lights are far too blue/silver for me.

I still run halogen HDLTs in the sled and the color difference between many newer vehicles on the road these days is just amazing.

Great to know that many of these LED lights now have the option of warmer light color.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Looks like a good stocking-stuffer Pete.

I do wish the specs would list the light color temp however. Some of these lights are far too blue/silver for me.

The Jetbeam one lists color temp as 6500-7000K. It's cool white basically, but not blue.

The UTorch UT01 is available in one of two options:
- cool white (6500K)
- neutral white (5000K)

Well hm! I was about to ask here on this sub-forum which flashlight seems to be good for mechanics.

I have a lot to read through, but if someone could be so kind as to drop me a few types/brands or what to look for, I'd appreciate it!

Originally Posted By: Dumc87

Rechargeable Battery light

Any insight into this light?

The light might be OK, but the battery is going to be junk, and you really dont want to mess with [censored] Li-Ion batteries.

General word of advice, stay away from any battery that has the word 'fire' in its name.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Dumc87

Rechargeable Battery light

Any insight into this light?

The light might be OK, but the battery is going to be junk, and you really dont want to mess with [censored] Li-Ion batteries.

General word of advice, stay away from any battery that has the word 'fire' in its name.

Fair enough haha

I'm just looking for something shock-proof and water proof that won't break the bank

Back