Got A New Flashlight...

$27 after coupon.

I paid a couple of bucks extra for expedited shipping so that I don't have to wait a month to get it.
smile.gif

I added up all my flashlights and found I have over $2000 in flashlights, approaching $3000.

I got rid of the Chinese junk and kept the good Chinese and American lights though.

A picture I posted on another forum a while back... this isn't all of them either. I like flashlights.

flashlights.jpg

Just the bottom five flashlights will set you back about $800.

cpf
blf
its easy to get sucked in.
btw just 1 of mine regularly sells for $1000
hang on to your wallet.
i find myself on blf more often now.
not moderated with an iron fist like cpf.

And my wife thinks I'm a flashlight kook. I have a few cheapies and a couple step up cheapies that are "custom" made in China for like $15 each. Very nice flashlights for the money. Takes about 2-3 weeks for delivery. Wish I could remember the name of the webpage.

Originally Posted By: kc8adu
cpf
blf
its easy to get sucked in.
btw just 1 of mine regularly sells for $1000

Apparently the 'b' in blf somehow went right out the window.
lol.gif

No Zebralights though. I'm guessing you like something that can be mounted to a firearm, or has a simple user interface for high-stress situations.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
is there a mag lite replacement? 2 aa, twist on and off?
all my maglites are failing

Look at Nitecore MT2A or JetBeam BA20.

Also, the mini Maglite 2AA only puts out 97 lumen. A single AA JetBeam Jet-1 MK has a higher output and is a twistie, too. Of course, it won't last as long on max.

DSC_6425.jpg

Here I thought I'd bought my last illumination tool 8 years ago. My go to is the Fenix LD01 (now the LD02. The LD LD20 gets a good amount of use as well. 10 years ago I bought a 18 oz can of Nyogel 760G for $60 and I still have 90% of the can. Great stuff, perfect for torch threads and many other uses.

dont even bother.
the one my neighbor had is a flickering tempermental piece of junk.
for the price one can get a convoy s2+ which is a very nice unit in this price range.
its track record is perfect over 100+ units i have ordered in for those i work with.
you just have to get used to using 18650 li-ion.
very cheap to run(rechargeable) and are quickly becoming the new standard in flashlight batteries.
these are the last word in budget everyday use lights.
and you can reprogram its behavior to your needs.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
AAA light twistie...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZN0VHX/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A4DI0C83URB3Z&psc=1

$5 with promo code 59OFF2SD and free shipping if you have Prime.

Originally Posted By: kc8adu
dont even bother.
the one my neighbor had is a flickering tempermental piece of junk.
for the price one can get a convoy s2+ which is a very nice unit in this price range.

Agree on the S2+. It's a great light. If you scroll back a few pages, you'll see I actually have one.
smile.gif

I just wanted a cheap/small AAA light to throw in my car. At $5, I won't be too upset if it ends up being junk, but people on BLF seem to like it.

With the recent photobucket fiasco, none of my images in this thread are showing anymore.

Here is my S2+ next to Jetbeam R26 and DQG Tiny 4th. The DQG really is an impressive little light.

36221278355_ce43b4b6b4_o.jpg

If somebody does not know, all three lights take single 18650. When you realize that DQG has side clicky in such a short profile light, you will amazed.

This is an interesting light...

It's a 2x26650 / 2x18650 zoomie pushing ~2000 lumens and claims 1000 meter throw, and can be had for about $40 if you wait for a deal.

I'm not in any way affiliated with this company, but they seem to have some interesting lights in their offering, slated somewhere between low end and high end products.

Back