Goodbye to my 2005 Expedition

She served us very well over the years, but it was time to let her go. Took her for one last drive to work today, then gave it to a close relative who needed it. Farewell, Expy! A pic from some rare AL snow a couple winters ago.

2005 Expedition.jpg

I really like those Expeditions of any year. I had a low mileage 99 Expedition and that thing was nice except it only got about 14 mpg on the highway. That thing sucked gas like crazy but was a very clean vehicle and was Spruce green in color. Nice of you to give it to a relative.

They were a nice ride and never used 4wd in the snow because of the weight and good tires. Downside was cam phasers, not once but twice. Ditched it quickly after the second time.

They were a nice ride and never used 4wd in the snow because of the weight and good tires. Downside was cam phasers, not once but twice. Ditched it quickly after the second time.
Can't say we ever dealt with any cam phaser problems. The only problem we had was coil packs going bad a couple of times over a ten year period. We bought the Expy in 2013 with around 100K miles on it. She ran like a champ at 226K miles when I said goodbye.

Back