Good, safe foods to eat after being sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by OilReport99
Originally Posted by Alfred_B
Your body will tell you/crave what to eat.

That, and a doctor's advice.

Don't put a lot of faith in most doctors

Majority don't graduate 1st in their class

I agree BRAT is best. Couple days of that and I am back on the brisket.

Two of the very best things to eat when your stomach is upset or in your case recovering, are mac-and-cheese, and cherry Jello. They even go good together. When my stomach is upset I put some mac-and-cheese in one side of a bowl, and some cherry Jello in the other side of the bowl. I sit in a comfortable chair and take my time eating some of one, and then some of the other. Before I even finish it all my stomach feels better.

To make cherry Jello: Read the instructions on the box to see how much water to use for the size of the box you have. Measure out a little less water into a bowl than the box calls for and use that as the total amount of water you will be using to make the Jello. Jello sets up much better if you use a little less water than the package calls for. Put about half the water in a pot and bring it to a boil, or into a large Pyrex measuring cup and microwave it until it is very hot, like boiling or just below boiling.

Carefully take the hot water off the stove, or the hot water out of the microwave using thick insulated kitchen gloves made to protect you from getting burnt.

Pour the envelope of Jello into the hot water and stir the mix with a large spoon for several minutes until the powder Jello is completely dissolved. After it looks completely dissolved stir it some more like another minute because it can look dissolved when it is not. Put the hot Jello in a large bowl and add the remainder of the water you previously measured. Stir for several minutes, and then refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.

Mac-and-cheese and cherry Jello settles an upset stomach very well.

Last edited:
What if you don't really care for bananas, rice, apples, and toast?

Blueberries
Oatmeal
Yogurt
Sports drinks

I'd rather eat ... BOYS

21.gif

Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger
What if you don't really care for bananas, rice, apples, and toast?

Blueberries
Oatmeal
Yogurt
Sports drinks

I'd rather eat ... BOYS

21.gif

Might want to change the order ...³

Originally Posted by Tdog02
BRAT

bananas
rice
apple sauce
toast

Go very mild till you can tolerate more robust type foods. Your body should re-adjust within 3 days.

This and if it sits well, slowly add other foods. 4 gallons of water seems like alot. I used to drink a gallon a day excluding other drinks but all it did was make me pee alot...i just drink when im thirsty but id say 1-1.5 gallons is fine per day excluding other drinks but 4 sounds like ALOT. thats a quart and hour for 16 hrs...

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Tdog02
BRAT

bananas
rice
apple sauce
toast

Go very mild till you can tolerate more robust type foods. Your body should re-adjust within 3 days.

Thank you sir for the great info
smile.gif

this has worked for me in the past when stomach issues arise.

plenty of water and a gatorade a day( i do the low sugar one called g2)

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Instead of Gatorade, consider Pedialyte - less calories and sugar than Gatorade.

I do have some of that mom gave me when they were up few weeks ago. So far I'm feeling a lot better. Thank You folks
thumbsup2.gif

Good call. I keep like 30 of the pedialyte packets in the house. Good for when your dehydrated or really thirsty after a hard day. Good for kids and adults.

Some good boudin, jambalaya, and a big ole bowl of crawfish etouffee.
J/K. I always find a good chicken noodle soup is very good.

But, the etouffee does sound good too.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back