Good, reliable Wellington boot recommendation

Looking for a pair or two of Wellington style boots. Don’t need steel toe. Colton my farmer/horse trainer loves his Twisted X

Says they are super comfortable and durable. Thoughts, suggestions?

Thank You all 🇺🇸🇨🇦

Double H
Thorogood
Chippewa
Justin

Last edited:
Red Wing. For me nothing fits better or lasts longer than Red Wing boots.

Wolverine also makes some very nice pull on boots. They won't last as long as Red Wings, but they are comfortable out of the box and cost about half as much. I have had two pairs of these and have no complaints:

I'll add my 2¢ since many times these threads inspire members beside the thread starter to buy a product.

The pros of pull on boots are they are easier to put on and remove since you have no laces to deal with and they are easier to care for since no laces are in the way when cleaning or applying a leather conditioner.

The con is that since they have no laces, they don't offer as much ankle support since you can't cinch them up.

Does ankle support matter to you?

If you have skinny ankles like I do, don't waste your time with pull on boots.

Red Wing. For me nothing fits better or lasts longer than Red Wing boots.

Wolverine also makes some very nice pull on boots. They won't last as long as Red Wings, but they are comfortable out of the box and cost about half as much. I have had two pairs of these and have no complaints:

So, tried on pair of wolverines today. I’m torn between them or few others…

I have HyTest pull on work boots. I love them. They are comfortable. I like them for welding and work in general.

I also have a pair of Ariat cowboy boots for when we go out. They are awesome but the sole would not make a good “work” boot option.

Just my $0.02

I have HyTest pull on work boots. I love them. They are comfortable. I like them for welding and work in general.

I also have a pair of Ariat cowboy boots for when we go out. They are awesome but the sole would not make a good “work” boot option.

Just my $0.02
I don’t need steel toe, not big on cowboy style. May just get Amish made pair when I head up home

Red Band - a pair in every Kiwi household.

red-band-frr1-1_6.jpg

Back