Good Frugal Saving Habits, Tips, Sites, Ideas???

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Turn the water heater down to warm in between showers.
2. Put your glass of ice back into the freezer before it melts.
3. Set your thermostat to 80F in the Summer.
4. Drive your car no faster than 35 in town and no faster than 55 on the freeway.
5. Don't smoke cigarettes.
6. Don't drink beer.
7. Level off the measuring spoon with a butter knife when measuring the coffee grounds.
8. Use your disposable forks over and over until they break.
9. Use both sides of the toilet paper.

If you get big tax refunds from Uncle Sam, redo your W2 forms. Ideally you want to break even on taxes. Even paying a small amount is better than loaning your money to the govt and having them pay you back in the spring.

For example; pay every 2 weeks. Refund is $3000. 3000 divided by 26 = $115.38. Reduce your income tax taken out by that amount. Get several W2 forms and keep tweaking the withholding until its close. Within a couple of hundred bucks either way is close enough.

What to do with that money? Increase your 401k/IRA by the same amount if you can. This is a win win situation because you again lower your income thus providing even more money to invest. Always pay yourself first.

MERK, welcome BACK!
now this is kind of off-topic:

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
1. Turn the water heater down to warm in between showers.

I heard cold showers do wonders to peripheral blood circulation....need a rough towel when you get out....
2. Put your glass of ice back into the freezer before it melts.

I married an eastern-european: they don't drink ice!

turn the thermostat off in the summer? (i sometimes think she is a member of the reptilian genre)
4. Drive your car no faster than 35 in town and no faster than 55 on the freeway.

MERk, MErk, do I need to hhonk more? really, in the high-speed lane?
5. Don't smoke cigarettes.

Yuck (have been the only non-smoker in a smoking office....)
6. Don't drink beer.

Have you had a cold beer with friends at a beer factory? complete with live music?
7. Level off the measuring spoon with a butter knife when measuring the coffee grounds.

I drink 2-6 cofees (per year); when i need it i need it TEXAS strong (to hold a horseshoe on top?)
8. Use your disposable forks over and over until they break.

camping multitools? some they have been proven to survive a world war.....
9. Use both sides of the toilet paper.

only if is the scratchy type..... bowl of water may accomplish this without scratching your Rhoids....

end of off-topic!

Glad to have you back....

P.S. you need more FIBER!

Dunno about anyone else but I turn off my heat in the summer. Well, long before summer came around it's off.

Although I have to admit to setting it as high as 68 on occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back