Golf Carts

Somewhat popular on Cape Cod, although technically illegal in most circumstances. Folks use them in our lake house neighborhood, small neighborhood, public roads but only one entry/exit. Sort of a gated community w/o the gates or pretense. Couple HOA beaches and some of the residents, especially the families with young kids, use them to run around. Makes sense; short distances, low speed limits and tight parking.

The neighbor got his Golf Cart out for the first time this year . I remember seeing his wife out driving it around the neighborhood maybe two or three times last year . Seems like a waste of $4000 for something to drive around the hood ...... not to mention the storage space it takes up . I dont think he even golfs .

View attachment 149312
Im not trying to be funny, but seeing that Golf Cart, are you sure its only $4,000?
I thought something like that photo would be around $8,000+
I ask, as I a string to wonder if we will have one in our future. Our new community is miles long, with something like 7 pools and gyms spread throughout... heck I haven't even seen all of it yet.

(ugh... I aw your follow up post, yeah, no, the photo isnt the cart and most likely about 10k or more.)

The cart in the picture is not suited for golf. There is no place to put the golf clubs.

My retirement dream is to have a golf cart as my second car. Drive to the golf course, club house, around the retirement village to shopping, restaurants, bakery, liquor store all in the golf cart's range.

Yamaha calls it the "Yamaha Golf-Car" even when sold for just passenger or utility purposes. I think this is their stretch limo version (the Golf Drive2 Concierge 6):

_N4A4420%20Mirror%20Retouch_crop_001.jpg

This one is about $15,000.

Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. The golf cart lifestyle, not the bullet.

I remember waiting in line to get into a movie theater years ago and I started chatting with someone in line. The conversation went in different directions, but at some point I brought up the Citroën 2CV and that many made fun of it for its size and appearance. But he said it was great, and he thought of it as [correction] something someone might own at vacation or retirement home in the French countryside and use to go to the nearest village to pick up a fresh baked baguette.

How about this?

Last edited:
I remember waiting in line to get into a movie theater years ago and I started chatting with someone in line. The conversation went in different directions, but at some point I brought up the Citroën 2CV and that many made fun of it for its size and appearance. But he said it was great, and he thought of it as someone someone might own at vacation or retirement home in the French countryside and use to go to the nearest village to pick up a fresh baked baguette.

How about this?

or the electric Moke!

Back