Golf Carts

The neighbor got his Golf Cart out for the first time this year . I remember seeing his wife out driving it around the neighborhood maybe two or three times last year . Seems like a waste of $4000 for something to drive around the hood ...... not to mention the storage space it takes up . I dont think he even golfs .

Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 11-55-12 2018 Yamaha Electric Golf Cart Desert Golf Cars in Arizona G...jpg

The cart in the picture is not suited for golf. There is no place to put the golf clubs.

My retirement dream is to have a golf cart as my second car. Drive to the golf course, club house, around the retirement village to shopping, restaurants, bakery, liquor store all in the golf cart's range.

There are some retirement communities', like The Villages in Florida, where Golf Carts are the main source of transportation. I think in the OP's case, the said cart may just be a status symbol.

I knew a gal who worked a small grammar school not 2 miles from her home.
I told her years ago to get a battery powered golf cart to commute.
Believe me, there was no entity to interfere with her doing this.
She didn't (understandable).

Custom golf cart bodies are a big thing now. I was in FL a few weeks ago and there were several in the community that I was staying. I am not a golfer myself, but I can see how some people with extra $$$$$ would want to get their rigs customized to their liking.

There are some retirement communities', like The Villages in Florida, where Golf Carts are the main source of transportation. I think in the OP's case, the said cart may just be a status symbol.
Not only do "the Villages" have golf carts, but the developers put in undersized garage doors so carts can fit in garage bays, but regular cars cannot.

If I ever get senile enough to think this is adorable or a good idea, put a bullet between my eyes.

Not only do "the Villages" have golf carts, but the developers put in undersized garage doors so carts can fit in garage bays, but regular cars cannot.

If I ever get senile enough to think this is adorable or a good idea, put a bullet between my eyes.

I was in the Villages last week and Publix supermarket had about 30 golf carts in the parking lot.

Very difficult to sometimes see the people zipping around in their golf cart and breaking most traffic laws, running stop signs, not slowing for pedestrians, etc…

We have a few at our cottage. Run them down to the boat, or to the pool and restaurant, or to the local store.
Our area does the lifted carts and ATV tires.

My neighbour paid $14K for his - seats 6. There is nowhere here to go in it - just around the subdivision so maybe the farthest point from his house at most 1.5 miles. The road at the entrance has a speed limit of 55 making them off limits there.

Dumbest thing in history of dumb things IMHO.

Golf carts in our south Florida community are huge. Playgrounds, dog parks, tons of restaurants, target all within a couple miles and it’s all golf cart friendly. The neighbors decorate them for the kids for Halloween and Christmas, my kid loves it. Very practical for the area and you can get them registered as a low speed vehicle to use on the local roads (25 mph speed limit). I’d love to have one for the shopping and the pool. Last quote for a 4 seater 48v was 11k… lithium 14k. I test drove the lithium and it’s a rocket with I think 55 miles range. I’ll be getting one eventually despite it being purely a luxury because they are fun.

Prices are unusually high from a few years ago but inflation and battery prices have shot up. Also in Florida the demand is high. But hey, wife made me get rid of the motorcycle before our first kid so I guess this will be my new toy haha.

I have an older club car with a rear seat that folds down to a deck. I also have a plate that I can connect a small yard dump trailer and pull it around. I used it all day yesterday moving dirt and planting some onions. Mines not fancy but its in decent shape and sure is handy for small jobs that my crappy Husqvarna lawn tractor cant handle.

We use GC's at the regional airport where I'm the PT handyman. Very good for getting to the other hangars. Teenagers we hire as line crew try their best to drift at each opportunity.

I had an EZGO TXT at our old house that I sold when I moved to the current place. We used it quite. A bit for cruising around but couldn’t really go anywhere outside the subdivision in it.

My in-laws have one at their lake property. It’s great for hauling stuff down to the boat, cruising around the area, etc.It surely beats walking coolers and toys 150 yards and then schlepping them back after a day on the water. The one they got was lifted and has larger tires on it but boy do the brakes STINK with the larger tires. Fortunately their lot is gradually sloped because it is tough to stop quickly on a steep hill.

Some real cranky pants folks on this site, complaining about what others do with their money always makes me laugh.

Back