Going off the Toyota transfer case fluid reservation causes damage?

Im working on a LC200 transfer case. Owner wants purchase the fluid before the fluid replacement. I was some excellent replacements options in a recent thread, but I guess his buds warned about anything other then oe fluid, as in his words improper fluids will cause damage to "yellow metal parts".

Problem is he cant seem to source any toyota fluid nor ravenol fluid. Will the use of non oe LF75w fluid really cause damage?

Im working on a LC200 transfer case. Owner wants purchase the fluid before the fluid replacement. I was some excellent replacements options in a recent thread, but I guess his buds warned about anything other then oe fluid, as in his words improper fluids will cause damage to "yellow metal parts".

Problem is he cant seem to source any toyota fluid nor ravenol fluid. Will the use of non oe LF75w fluid really cause damage?
No. It won’t cause damage. There aren’t any “yellow metal parts” in it, anyway. That’s a concern for manual transmission synchros.

The Ravenol works. So does HPL 75W. Titan makes a manual transmission fluid in 75W.

Lots of threads on this topic.

Do you see the problem here?

Unusual that a poster with the name “proveitwithdata” would go down that road.

Back