Going in the engine today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to substitute one litre because for some reason Rotella gas truck no where to be found in stores, and I wasn't buying 2, not for cost but I just don't believe in having oil stashes, taking up space as I live in a condo, it's one level and I have a shed but hate leaving oil exposed to elements for 6 plus months in winter. And yes I like archoil, it works...every vehicle I have put it in, Ive taken before and during dumping archoil in sump, within a minute it dropped noise at minimum 2 db. As well as before and after cold start videos and sound checks in minus 30 degree weather. So therefore I believe it does what's it's aimed to do, help with friction.

I know you anti snake oil bandits are going to start chirping and bashing, and I do not even care, because you have people out there who once Castrol slaps "magnatec" on a bottle all of a sudden start drooling over it.

Anyway here is what's going in, and as much as I hate paying for UOA because this vehicle was not new to me, I think I will get one done, top end is spotless but still would like to see how this concoction works.

231EFF5F-46E0-4F64-A0C8-0A6C739C144C.jpeg

The local Advance Auto near me started selling the Rotella gas engine truck oil some months ago (qt. bottles and 5 qt. jugs), and the sales people there say it is not selling well at all. Thought that was interesting. They are also discontinuing the Castrol Magnatec oil that you mentioned. It is on clearance sale as of a week or so ago.

Sorry to start the bashing, but what makes you think that less noise means less friction? Couldn't the opposite be true? In the old days when you wanted to quiet a noisy engine before you sell it, you'd just dump some 20w50 into the engine. That wasn't considered good for the engine but it made it quieter. Also, how long do you plan on keeping your car? Even if it does what it says it does, I've run cars to 200k without that. If it made the engine last til 400k, would it even matter at that point? Every car I've dumped, it wasn't due to the engine, it was something else, rusted apart, blew a head gasket, transmission went, general repair costs were too high, accident, but it wasn't the engine failing.

Originally Posted by Electromotive
The local Advance Auto near me started selling the Rotella gas engine truck oil some months ago (qt. bottles and 5 qt. jugs), and the sales people there say it is not selling well at all.

I have heard from guys I know at Autozone that RGT is not selling well at their stores either, AZ had it priced around $40 fir a 5 quart jug so it should come as no surprise when you can get the same product at Walmart for half as much.

AAP has lowered their price to $25 and I have a $5 online discount so that turns it into a deal that beats the Great Walmart of China.

I picked up RGT at AZ for $20 on clearance. 1qt was $6. Engine is quieter with RGT than EDGE EP.

Well guys the Jeep I think loves it, I did a controlled test and went to furthest oil change place which is about 6 k away, and because I'm able to take roads with no stop lights, in fact I looped around twice just to get my mpg to where it usually sits, but I did a lot of city driving this week which bought it down to 13.5. After doing loop twice I got it to it's normal 13.9.

Now listen every time I change my oil for a short period I get a .2 short term gain on average for about 300 k maybe. And it's usually immediate as it's the same drive as I did today, and I always make it a point to set cruise at 60 on drive there and back, been doing this for a while because I wanted to see the correlation of fresh oil and if it increases mpg. Like I said on average .2 increase.

Well today I'll be dammed if I went from 13.9 to 14.4 I pulled Jeep out after oil change and let it run while I went in and paid and talked with service guy as well because he was intrigued about archoil. Go to get in my Jeep and it's already sitting at 14 mpg. Lol. Drive home and by time I pull in 14.4.

Now I'm not attributing this to archoil one bit. And also, what shocked me was how much more quiet. Mind you going from 5-20 to 5-30.

I think it's shaping up to be a great oil!

Last run was Mobil 1 plain grey bottle. Also no Archoil, this is first run in the Jeep.

I'll keep you guys in the loop, and I think just this once will get a UOA.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by buster
I picked up RGT at AZ for $20 on clearance. 1qt was $6. Engine is quieter with RGT than EDGE EP.

Thank you, so it's not just me!!! Shockingly quieter and smoother.

Originally Posted by Ignatius
The local Advance Auto near me started selling the Rotella gas engine truck oil some months ago (qt. bottles and 5 qt. jugs), and the sales people there say it is not selling well at all.

I have heard from guys I know at Autozone that RGT is not selling well at their stores either, AZ had it priced around $40 fir a 5 quart jug so it should come as no surprise when you can get the same product at Walmart for half as much.

AAP has lowered their price to $25 and I have a $5 online discount so that turns it into a deal that beats the Great Walmart of China.

Buy it!!!

Originally Posted by billt460
Tell me about the Archoil Friction Modifier. What's the skinny on that stuff? Is it for diesel engines only?

Well it has a lot more added benefits for diesel, especially the power stoke, google it you will drop your jaw at some of the results. [censored] it has a 5 star rating on Amazon with thousand upon thousands of reviews. It is the only additive that I will use, or actually was developed that works. This doesn't belong in the snake oil category when it's got proven results.

YouTube Videos is better for actual visual evidence.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Sorry to start the bashing, but what makes you think that less noise means less friction? Couldn't the opposite be true? In the old days when you wanted to quiet a noisy engine before you sell it, you'd just dump some 20w50 into the engine. That wasn't considered good for the engine but it made it quieter. Also, how long do you plan on keeping your car? Even if it does what it says it does, I've run cars to 200k without that. If it made the engine last til 400k, would it even matter at that point? Every car I've dumped, it wasn't due to the engine, it was something else, rusted apart, blew a head gasket, transmission went, general repair costs were too high, accident, but it wasn't the engine failing.

Because maybe they found new ingredients that does not require something like the consistency of honey needed to cure 30 years ago. It's called nano technology, or in this case nano borates. And less friction pits less stress on the rest of the components.

And if your running a car to 200k would you not want it to perform, or keep the engine as protected from horsepower robbing wear, carbon buildup etc.

Just look at the proof.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GDqQN8BcVys

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9DMKXF-bGrI

Second one is the best, all you people worried about cold start wear, guys are starting their diesel trucks without them being plugged in, in weather that before archoil either took multiple glow plug cycles, or would t start at all.

But ya, reducing friction is such a bad thing.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Archoil sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I note the sarcasm, again...it's one of the only additives that's proven to work. I'm sure the oil companies would formulate blends with it in it, but in a world where everyone wants to pay bargain basement prices for oil, yet spend the price of a full proper synthetic for a UOA.

But hey, don't knock it unless you try it. Everyone has something negative to say who hasn't even tried it. And continue to ignore the thousands upon thousands of positive results. To each their own, I like it, Naysayers can stick to not buying it. I'm perfectly fine with that.

Originally Posted by domer10
...but in a world where everyone wants to pay bargain basement prices for oil, yet spend the price of a full proper synthetic for a UOA.

You forgot the coupons!
lol.gif

Do what you think is good for your engine. Good luck with your choice.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Wolf359

Because maybe they found new ingredients that does not require something like the consistency of honey needed to cure 30 years ago. It's called nano technology, or in this case nano borates. And less friction pits less stress on the rest of the components.

And if your running a car to 200k would you not want it to perform, or keep the engine as protected from horsepower robbing wear, carbon buildup etc.

Just look at the proof.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GDqQN8BcVys

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9DMKXF-bGrI

Second one is the best, all you people worried about cold start wear, guys are starting their diesel trucks without them being plugged in, in weather that before archoil either took multiple glow plug cycles, or would t start at all.

But ya, reducing friction is such a bad thing.

I literally started my 6.0 PSD at -12 F earlier this year, I didn't use archoil, it's a band aid "fix" for failing HEUI injectors. Used it once said it's a waste of money and just got new injectors

Originally Posted by Ignatius

Fantastic.
I'm currently running RGT 5W-30 in my commuter Equinox.
It's doing well by all accounts.

Well it has a lot more added benefits for diesel, especially the power stoke, google it you will drop your jaw at some of the results. [censored] it has a 5 star rating on Amazon with thousand upon thousands of reviews. It is the only additive that I will use, or actually was developed that works. This doesn't belong in the snake oil category when it's got proven results.

YouTube Videos is better for actual visual evidence.

I figured it wouldn't take you long after having been gone what, 5 years? Was it the Archoil threads that caused the absence?

Does it feel like it's in sport mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back