GMC Acadia Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, unfortunately was in a car accident with a deer that caused a decent amount of front grill/hood damage. I was able to get a GMC Acadia through my insurance company. Leather seats/steering wheel, heated seats, etc. I must say, I do believe I will be in the market for an SUV like an Acadia. I really do not have a single complaint about the vehicle, especially coming from a semi-rough riding CR-V. Anyone else ever had the pleasure to drive one?

I wouldn't be afraid to own an Acadia if I wanted one. Far too many Toyota and Honda buyers only consider Toyota or Honda due to reliability perceptions and might be passing up other vehicles they'd rather drive if they were open to test driving other makes.

Drove a 2013 Traverse last year as a rental, basically the same thing as an Acadia. Drove too much like a mini-van for my tastes. Bad blind spots as well. Power was fine as was the fit and finish.

If I was in the market for a similar vehicle I'd look at the Explorer and Durango. But the GM offerings have more interior space if you need it. The third row on the Highlander is useless so I wouldn't even look at that.

I thought I'd be in the market for this type of vehicle in the summer. Instead I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a crew cab pickup for the towing (some of the larger crossovers can also tow pretty well) and utility.

I listen to a radio show hosted by a gentleman who owns an auto repair facility in Louisiana ( http://agcoauto.com/ ). I've heard them BLAST the Acadia claiming that, in HIS opinion as a mechanic, he thinks it might possibly be the worst vehicle GM has ever manufactured, from a design and reliability perspective! *I* think that speaks volumes, considering some of the vehicles that GM has produced!

smile.gif

Having said that, he also says on his radio show, that he will answer any e-mail within 24 hours ( http://www.agcoauto.com/content/contact ), so maybe you should e-mail him to hear why he thinks the quality of the Acadia is so awful?

Ed

Yep, a tall station wagon.

My sister bought a Pathfinder. She hates it when I ask her how she's liking her tall station wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back