GM Techline Connect / SPS VIN subscription price up 50%

Went to order another VIN for GM SPS / Techline connect and quickly realized price went up from $30 (which I considered pretty reasonable) to $45! A 50% increase, I guess GM wants a slice of the inflation pie too.

If it wasn't such a clunky piece of software I wouldn't mind paying it. I guess all the talented programmers have fled Detroit for Silicon Valley a long time ago. I've not used Forscan or other makes' programming software but I surely hope they did a better job than GM! I always get through the programming I'm doing but it takes 3X as long as it should.

Went to order another VIN for GM SPS / Techline connect and quickly realized price went up from $30 (which I considered pretty reasonable) to $45! A 50% increase, I guess GM wants a slice of the inflation pie too.

If it wasn't such a clunky piece of software I wouldn't mind paying it. I guess all the talented programmers have fled Detroit for Silicon Valley a long time ago. I've not used Forscan or other makes' programming software but I surely hope they did a better job than GM! I always get through the programming I'm doing but it takes 3X as long as it should.
Vins never were 30. When GM went to the vin based subscription vs the 2 day subscription GM changed the price for SPS from 55 dollars for 2 days to 40 dollars per vin. 6 months to a year ago the price went to 45 which was the first price change since the per vin model was issued.

? Forscan is 3rd party from a Russian developer.

Considering automakers have to develop such software anyway, I feel that with right to repair and all, it should be free.

Vins never were 30. When GM went to the vin based subscription vs the 2 day subscription GM changed the price for SPS from 55 dollars for 2 days to 40 dollars per vin. 6 months to a year ago the price went to 45 which was the first price change since the per vin model was issued.
I'll have to look at my credit card receipts, but I'm 99% positive, less than 6 months ago the 2-year VIN sub was < $40. I know this because I always tell people I do programming for that it's 30-something and that's held true until now.

I could be mistaken that it was exactly $30, but this is the first time I've seen it surpass $40.

I'll have to look at my credit card receipts, but I'm 99% positive, less than 6 months ago the 2-year VIN sub was < $40. I know this because I always tell people I do programming for that it's 30-something and that's held true until now.

I could be mistaken that it was exactly $30, but this is the first time I've seen it surpass $40.
I buy subscriptions every week, currently have over 100 active vin numbers, it was 40

Back